The top 3 urgent health problems facing the U.S. are closely tied for first place: affordable health care/health costs, access to health care, and the Ebola virus. While the first two issues ranked #1 and #2 one year ago, Ebola didn’t even register on the list of healthcare stresses in November 2013. Gallup polled U.S. […]
With the goal of driving a digital health platform for well-informed, effective self-care, the nation’s largest retail pharmacy chain and prominent consumer-facing health information portal are allying to move from serving up pills and information to health “care.” Walgreens and WebMD launched their joint effort on 2nd October 2014, a few weeks after CVS/pharmacy re-branded […]
The burden of chronic kidney disease (CKD) is growing, with one in 10 U.S. adults having some level of CKD. End-stage renal disease (ESRD) is the last phase of CKD, when dialysis or an organ transplant are required. Nephrotic syndrome is one of the most common forms of CKD, and focal segmental glomerulosclerosis — FSGS […]
Expecting health care cost increases of 5% in 2015, employers in the U.S. will focus on several tactics to control costs: greater offerings of consumer-directed health plans, increasing employee cost-sharing, narrowing provider networks, and serving up wellness and disease management programs. The National Business Group on Health’s Large Employers’ 2015 Health Plan Design Survey finds […]
“Reality is the leading cause of stress among those in touch with it,” Lily Tomlin once quipped. Perhaps in 2014, America is the land of stress because we’re all so in touch with reality. THINK: reality TV, social networks as the new confessional, news channeling 24×7, and a world of too much TMI. So no […]
About Jane & Health Populi
Jane Sarasohn-Kahn is a health economist and management consultant that serves clients at the intersection of health and technology.
Her clients include all stakeholders in health, including providers, payors and plans; companies in biopharma, medical devices, financial services, technology and consumer goods; non-profits and NGOs. Jane's lens on health was best described by Dr. Regina Benjamin, U.S. Surgeon General, who says that health is where we live, work, play and pray.
California Healthcare Foundation White Papers
- Consumers blame insurance and pharma for health costs, but love their primary care doctors October 22, 2012
- Patients want online communication with doctors, and more clinicians are listening July 26, 2011
- ePatients: a connected, collaborative, creating community September 30, 2010
- Patients want to see the notes their doctors write about them: the power of transparency in health care October 2, 2012
- Pharma industry update – drug spending, R&D costs, generics, and Botox November 24, 2014
- Health insurance companies rank low on consumer experience November 20, 2014
- Digital and mobile health: can doctors and consumers get on the same wavelength? November 19, 2014
- Health care costs, access and Ebola – what’s on health care consumers’ minds November 17, 2014
- Digital and mobile health: can doctors and consumers get on the same wavelength? | Health Populi: […] complete picture of a patient’s li...
- Health-committed consumers look to food to be healthy, wealthy, and wise | Health Populi: […] list of promotions cited by Dunnhumby is...
- Retail M&A – How Do I Promote My Retail Enterprise? | Create Resumes | Find Jobs | FastJobz.Com: […] celebration. Whereas the prospect could ...
- Power to the health care consumer – but how much and when? | Health Populi: […] Health Market 2.0 world. This new revolu...