If laughter is the best medicine, Joan Rivers earned an MD in my personal health ecosystem. My parents loved and laughed with her comedy when pioneered stand-up comedy on TV, and I became increasingly intrigued in and impressed by her vitality, her tenacity, and her survival strategies. I also shared a love of her bee […]
Nations throughout the world are challenged by the cost of health care: from Brazil to China, India to the Philippines, and especially in the U.S., people are morphing into health care consumers. Three categories of health spending in the bulls-eye of countries’ Departments of Health are prescription drugs, and the costs of care in hospitals […]
I have seen the future of food and it is in Italy at a grocery chain called Conad, which launched a locavore-focused brand called Sapori & Dintorni. Here in Florence, Italy, where I’m spending a week’s holiday with my family, we stay in an apartment in the Oltrarno – just south of the Arno River, […]
As more U.S. health citizens enroll in high-deductible health plans – now representing about 30% of health-insured people in America – health plan members are being called on to play the role of consumer. Among the most important choices the health consumer makes is for a physician. Ratings sites and health care report cards ranking […]
Madame Onassis got nothing on you, Rod Stewart complimented in his hit You Wear It Well in 1972. Now we can all wear it well, based on the fashion-meets-health-mashups at the 2014 Consumer Electronics Show. Several events underline this observation at the CES this year: – Fitbit has signed up Tory Burch to put her […]
About Jane & Health Populi
Jane Sarasohn-Kahn is a health economist and management consultant that serves clients at the intersection of health and technology.
Her clients include all stakeholders in health, including providers, payors and plans; companies in biopharma, medical devices, financial services, technology and consumer goods; non-profits and NGOs. Jane's lens on health was best described by Dr. Regina Benjamin, U.S. Surgeon General, who says that health is where we live, work, play and pray.
California Healthcare Foundation White Papers
- Consumers blame insurance and pharma for health costs, but love their primary care doctors October 22, 2012
- Patients want online communication with doctors, and more clinicians are listening July 26, 2011
- ePatients: a connected, collaborative, creating community September 30, 2010
- Patients want to see the notes their doctors write about them: the power of transparency in health care October 2, 2012
- Health info disconnect: most people view accessing online records important, but don’t perceive the need to do so September 15, 2014
- From comprehensive coverage to skin-in-the-game healthcare: Kaiser Family Foundation’s annual survey September 10, 2014
- $1 in $5 will go to health care in 2023 – the new health engagement is health cost engagement September 9, 2014
- Joan Rivers lessons for health and wellness: think like a Bee and Laugh September 5, 2014
- ZibdyHealth: This is a big problem. Few years back when Austral...
- From comprehensive coverage to skin-in-the-game healthcare: Kaiser Family Foundation’s annual survey | Health Populi: […] Populi’s Hot Points: As I discuss...
- $1 in $5 will go to health care in 2023 – the new health engagement is health cost engagement | Health Populi: […] cost-sharing requirements for privately-...
- $1 in $5 will go to health care in 2023 – the new health engagement is health cost engagement | Health Populi: […] a slowdown in medical spending due to la...