If laughter is the best medicine, Joan Rivers earned an MD in my personal health ecosystem. My parents loved and laughed with her comedy when pioneered stand-up comedy on TV, and I became increasingly intrigued in and impressed by her vitality, her tenacity, and her survival strategies. I also shared a love of her bee […]
In the past few weeks, several events bolster the reality that health and health care are in Blurred Lines mode. Not Robin Thicke Blurred Lines, mind you, but the Venn Diagram overlapping kind. Walmart launched real primary care clinics in South Carolina and Texas. These will provide services beyond urgent care, charging $4 a visit for […]
Make-over your medicine cabinet. That’s a key headline for International Self-Care Day (ISD) on July 24, 2014, an initiative promoting the opportunity for people to take a greater role in their own health care and wellness. Sponsored by the Consumer Healthcare Products Association (CHPA), consumer products companies, health advocacy organizations, and legislators including John Barrow […]
Madame Onassis got nothing on you, Rod Stewart complimented in his hit You Wear It Well in 1972. Now we can all wear it well, based on the fashion-meets-health-mashups at the 2014 Consumer Electronics Show. Several events underline this observation at the CES this year: – Fitbit has signed up Tory Burch to put her […]
Coast-to-coast, stress is the modus vivendi for most Americans: 55% of people feel stressed in every day life, according to a study from Televox. A Stressful Nation: Americans Search for a Healthy Balance paints a picture of a nation of physically inactive people working too hard and playing too little. And far more women feel the […]
About Jane & Health Populi
Jane Sarasohn-Kahn is a health economist and management consultant that serves clients at the intersection of health and technology.
Her clients include all stakeholders in health, including providers, payors and plans; companies in biopharma, medical devices, financial services, technology and consumer goods; non-profits and NGOs. Jane's lens on health was best described by Dr. Regina Benjamin, U.S. Surgeon General, who says that health is where we live, work, play and pray.
California Healthcare Foundation White Papers
- Consumers blame insurance and pharma for health costs, but love their primary care doctors October 22, 2012
- Patients want online communication with doctors, and more clinicians are listening July 26, 2011
- ePatients: a connected, collaborative, creating community September 30, 2010
- Patients want to see the notes their doctors write about them: the power of transparency in health care October 2, 2012
- Health info disconnect: most people view accessing online records important, but don’t perceive the need to do so September 15, 2014
- From comprehensive coverage to skin-in-the-game healthcare: Kaiser Family Foundation’s annual survey September 10, 2014
- $1 in $5 will go to health care in 2023 – the new health engagement is health cost engagement September 9, 2014
- Joan Rivers lessons for health and wellness: think like a Bee and Laugh September 5, 2014
- ZibdyHealth: This is a big problem. Few years back when Austral...
- From comprehensive coverage to skin-in-the-game healthcare: Kaiser Family Foundation’s annual survey | Health Populi: […] Populi’s Hot Points: As I discuss...
- $1 in $5 will go to health care in 2023 – the new health engagement is health cost engagement | Health Populi: […] cost-sharing requirements for privately-...
- $1 in $5 will go to health care in 2023 – the new health engagement is health cost engagement | Health Populi: […] a slowdown in medical spending due to la...