The modern view on wellness is “having it all” in terms of driving physical, emotional, mental and financial health across one’s life, according to CIGNA’s survey report, Health & Financial Well-Being: How Strong Is the Link? The key elements of whole health, as people define them are: – Absence of sickness, 37% – Feeling of […]
This past weekend, 60 Minutes’ Leslie Stahl asked John Castellani, the president of PhRMA, the pharmaceutical industry’s advocacy (lobby) organization, why the cost of Gleevec, from Novartis, dramatically increased over the 13 years it’s been in the market, while other more expensive competitors have been launched in the period. (Here is the FDA’s announcement of […]
From comprehensive coverage to skin-in-the-game healthcare: Kaiser Family Foundation’s annual survey
For employer-sponsored health care, trends continue for health premium costs to increase, high-deductible health plans to gain adoption, and cost-sharing to shift to workers in companies’ health plans. This is the top-line of the just-released Kaiser Family Foundation (KFF) 2014 Employer Health Benefits Survey, the annual go-to resource on company-sponsored health care trends and realities. […]
A new conversation has begun between doctors and patients: talking about money and health care, and what treatments cost — specifically, what a particular treatment will cost a patient, out-of-pocket. Over a dozen physician professional societies are proponents of these discussions, and are providing support to doctors in their networks. Doctors already engaging in the […]
Expecting health care cost increases of 5% in 2015, employers in the U.S. will focus on several tactics to control costs: greater offerings of consumer-directed health plans, increasing employee cost-sharing, narrowing provider networks, and serving up wellness and disease management programs. The National Business Group on Health’s Large Employers’ 2015 Health Plan Design Survey finds […]
About Jane & Health Populi
Jane Sarasohn-Kahn is a health economist and management consultant that serves clients at the intersection of health and technology.
Her clients include all stakeholders in health, including providers, payors and plans; companies in biopharma, medical devices, financial services, technology and consumer goods; non-profits and NGOs. Jane's lens on health was best described by Dr. Regina Benjamin, U.S. Surgeon General, who says that health is where we live, work, play and pray.
California Healthcare Foundation White Papers
- Consumers blame insurance and pharma for health costs, but love their primary care doctors October 22, 2012
- Patients want online communication with doctors, and more clinicians are listening July 26, 2011
- ePatients: a connected, collaborative, creating community September 30, 2010
- Patients want to see the notes their doctors write about them: the power of transparency in health care October 2, 2012
- Health care as a retail business October 14, 2014
- Health and financial well-being are strongly linked, CIGNA asks and answers October 10, 2014
- Specialty pharmaceuticals’ costs in the health economic bulls-eye October 7, 2014
- Hug your doctor: s/he needs it, according to the 2014 Physician Foundation survey October 6, 2014
- e-Patient Dave: Boy, no kidding. Does it get more "Maslow fundam...
- 10 Sensor Innovations Driving the Digital Health Revolution | bionicly dev: […] an in-depth review of the sensor landsca...
- Thought Leader Fridays – October 3rd | MedNexus: […] What do you demand from your smartwatch?...
- Get Health Care Products Online | AnjumsList: […] Health-wear-at Health 2.0, health met fa...