There’s a health information disconnect among U.S. adults: most people believe online access to their personal health information is important, but three-quarters of people who were offered access to their health data and didn’t do so didn’t perceive the need to. The first two graphs illustrate each of these points. When people do access their […]
Health info disconnect: most people view accessing online records important, but don’t perceive the need to do so
The burden of chronic kidney disease (CKD) is growing, with one in 10 U.S. adults having some level of CKD. End-stage renal disease (ESRD) is the last phase of CKD, when dialysis or an organ transplant are required. Nephrotic syndrome is one of the most common forms of CKD, and focal segmental glomerulosclerosis — FSGS […]
“Reality is the leading cause of stress among those in touch with it,” Lily Tomlin once quipped. Perhaps in 2014, America is the land of stress because we’re all so in touch with reality. THINK: reality TV, social networks as the new confessional, news channeling 24×7, and a world of too much TMI. So no […]
It’s Independence Day week in America, and our British friends at The Lancet, the UK’s grand peer reviewed medical journal, dedicate this week’s issue to the Health of Americans - exploring life, death (mortality), health costs, chronic disease, and the Pursuit of Healthiness. This project is a joint venture between The Lancet and the U.S. Centers for […]
The price of medicines is a barrier for about one billion people on the planet, for citizens in developing countries as well as middle-class families in the richest country in the world, the United States. Today is World Health Day, when for 24 hours public health advocates (including me) are calling out key issues preventing […]
About Jane & Health Populi
Jane Sarasohn-Kahn is a health economist and management consultant that serves clients at the intersection of health and technology.
Her clients include all stakeholders in health, including providers, payors and plans; companies in biopharma, medical devices, financial services, technology and consumer goods; non-profits and NGOs. Jane's lens on health was best described by Dr. Regina Benjamin, U.S. Surgeon General, who says that health is where we live, work, play and pray.
California Healthcare Foundation White Papers
- Consumers blame insurance and pharma for health costs, but love their primary care doctors October 22, 2012
- Patients want online communication with doctors, and more clinicians are listening July 26, 2011
- ePatients: a connected, collaborative, creating community September 30, 2010
- Patients want to see the notes their doctors write about them: the power of transparency in health care October 2, 2012
- Activity tracking is consumers’ #1 demand for smartwatches September 30, 2014
- Health-wear – at Health 2.0, health met fashion, function and care September 29, 2014
- Crossing the digital health chasm between consumers and providers – talking with Dr. Eric Topol September 26, 2014
- Dr Eric Topol on the digital democratization of health care September 22, 2014
- Health Care Products Market "sub | AnjumsList: […] Health-wear-at Health 2.0, health met fa...
- Crossing the digital health chasm between consumers and providers – talking with Eric Topol | Health Populi: […] new book due out by the end of the year,...
- Crossing the digital health chasm between consumers and providers – talking with Eric Topol | Health Populi: […] this context, we discussed the Open Note...
- Thought Leader Fridays – September 19th | MedNexus: […] Jane Sarasohn-Kahn states that “...