“It depends” is the hedge-phrase that characterizes how Americans see disclosing personal information versus keeping private information private, according to the consumer survey report, Privacy and Information Sharing, published by the Pew Research Center (PRC) in January 2016. U.S. adults see a privacy trade-off, living in the convenience-context of 21st century digital economy in exchange for […]
National health spending in American grew by 5.3% in 2014, hitting the $3 trillion mark. This represented an up-tick nearly twice the growth rate of 2.9% in 2013, the slowest rate of growth in 55 years, according to the latest analysis of the U.S. health economy published by Health Affairs. The first chart illustrates the […]
For the first time since 2008, a majority of Americans say government is responsible for ensuring that people have health insurance. The first chart shows the crossing lines between those who see government-assured health insurance in the rising dark green line in 2015, and people who see it as a private sector responsibility. The demographics […]
The factors of where people are born, live, work and age — social determinants — shape human health more than health care. Yet in the U.S. much more resource per capita is funneled into healthcare services than into social ones. Beyond Health Care: The Role of Social Determinants in Promoting Health and Health Equity was […]
Consumers are most concerned about health care costs among their kitchen table issues, above their ability to afford the utility bill, housing, food, or gas and transportation costs. The October 2015 Kaiser Family Foundation Health Tracking Poll finds 4 in 10 Americans finding it difficult to afford health care, including 16% of people earning $90,000 […]
About Jane & Health Populi
Jane Sarasohn-Kahn is a health economist and management consultant that serves clients at the intersection of health and technology.
Her clients include all stakeholders in health, including providers, payors and plans; companies in biopharma, medical devices, financial services, technology and consumer goods; non-profits and NGOs. Jane's lens on health was best described by Dr. Regina Benjamin, U.S. Surgeon General, who says that health is where we live, work, play and pray.
California Healthcare Foundation White Papers
- Consumers blame insurance and pharma for health costs, but love their primary care doctors October 22, 2012
- Patients want online communication with doctors, and more clinicians are listening July 26, 2011
- Patients want to see the notes their doctors write about them: the power of transparency in health care October 2, 2012
- ePatients: a connected, collaborative, creating community September 30, 2010
- Health Consumers Look For Cost and Convenience February 10, 2016
- Rural Hospitals in America – Health Disparities, Hospital Disparities February 9, 2016
- Improving the Patient Experience in Legacy Health Systems – My Start-Up Health Interview February 5, 2016
- Building Health Bridges — Health:Further Goes Beyond the Disruptive February 4, 2016
- Improving the Patient Experience in Legacy Health Systems - My Start-Up Health Interview - Health Populi: […] Here’s the video…which cover...
- Baby Tech Summit - The Consumer Health Electronics Show – Putting People At the Center: […] As we concluded our panel on The Wizards...
- Welcome to the Era of Personal Health IT - a #HIMSS16 Preview - Health Populi: […] People In Consumer-Directed Health Plans...
- Welcome to the Era of Personal Health IT - a #HIMSS16 Preview - Health Populi: […] More Consumers Expect a Connected Health...