There’s a health information disconnect among U.S. adults: most people believe online access to their personal health information is important, but three-quarters of people who were offered access to their health data and didn’t do so didn’t perceive the need to. The first two graphs illustrate each of these points. When people do access their […]
Health info disconnect: most people view accessing online records important, but don’t perceive the need to do so
Nations throughout the world are challenged by the cost of health care: from Brazil to China, India to the Philippines, and especially in the U.S., people are morphing into health care consumers. Three categories of health spending in the bulls-eye of countries’ Departments of Health are prescription drugs, and the costs of care in hospitals […]
“For Big Data, Big Questions Remain,” an article by Dawn Falk in the July 2014 issue of Health Affairs, captures the theme of the entire journal this month. That’s because, for every opportunity described in each expert’s view, there are also obstacles, challenges, and wild cards that impede the universal scaling of Big Data in […]
“Reality is the leading cause of stress among those in touch with it,” Lily Tomlin once quipped. Perhaps in 2014, America is the land of stress because we’re all so in touch with reality. THINK: reality TV, social networks as the new confessional, news channeling 24×7, and a world of too much TMI. So no […]
8 in 10 people in the U.S. believe that total privacy in the digital world is history, based on a survey from Accenture conducted online in March and April 2014 and published in the succinctly-titled report, Eighty Percent of Consumers Believe Total Data Privacy No Longer Exists. 84% of U.S. consumers say they’re aware what tracking […]
About Jane & Health Populi
Jane Sarasohn-Kahn is a health economist and management consultant that serves clients at the intersection of health and technology.
Her clients include all stakeholders in health, including providers, payors and plans; companies in biopharma, medical devices, financial services, technology and consumer goods; non-profits and NGOs. Jane's lens on health was best described by Dr. Regina Benjamin, U.S. Surgeon General, who says that health is where we live, work, play and pray.
California Healthcare Foundation White Papers
- Consumers blame insurance and pharma for health costs, but love their primary care doctors October 22, 2012
- Patients want online communication with doctors, and more clinicians are listening July 26, 2011
- ePatients: a connected, collaborative, creating community September 30, 2010
- Patients want to see the notes their doctors write about them: the power of transparency in health care October 2, 2012
- Dr Eric Topol on the digital democratization of health care September 22, 2014
- Health info disconnect: most people view accessing online records important, but don’t perceive the need to do so September 15, 2014
- From comprehensive coverage to skin-in-the-game healthcare: Kaiser Family Foundation’s annual survey September 10, 2014
- $1 in $5 will go to health care in 2023 – the new health engagement is health cost engagement September 9, 2014
- ZibdyHealth: This is a big problem. Few years back when Austral...
- From comprehensive coverage to skin-in-the-game healthcare: Kaiser Family Foundation’s annual survey | Health Populi: […] Populi’s Hot Points: As I discuss...
- $1 in $5 will go to health care in 2023 – the new health engagement is health cost engagement | Health Populi: […] cost-sharing requirements for privately-...
- $1 in $5 will go to health care in 2023 – the new health engagement is health cost engagement | Health Populi: […] a slowdown in medical spending due to la...