Evidence of the rise of retail health grows, with the data point that on-demand health care is in-demand by 2 in 3 U.S. adults. American Well released the Telehealth Index: 2015 Consumer Survey, revealing an American health public keen on video visits with doctors as a viable alternative to visiting the emergency room. Virtual visits […]
“Health care spending grows at lowest-ever rate,” USA Today celebrated in their December 3, 2014 headline. The announcement was drawn from national health spending data gleaned from an annual report from the Centers for Medicare and Medicare Services (CMS), which tallied U.S. health spending at $2.9 trillion. From the bird’s-eye view, slowing healthcare cost growth is indeed […]
People with more financial skin in the health care game are more likely to act more cost-consciously, according to the latest Employee Benefits Research Institute (EBRI) poll on health engagement, Findings from the 2014 EBRI/Greenwald & Associates Consumer Engagement in Health Care Survey published in December 2014. Health benefit consultants introduced consumer-directed health plans, assuming that health plan members […]
Health is where we live, work, play and pray — my and others’ mantra if we want to truly bend (down) the cost curve and improve medical outcomes. If we’re serious about achieving the Triple Aim — improving public health, lowering spending, and enhancing the patient/health consumer experience (which can drive activation and ongoing engagement) — […]
‘Tis the season for annual health trendcasting, which is part of my own business model. Here’s a curated list of some of my favorite trend reports for health care in the new year, with my Hot Points in the conclusion, below, summarizing the most salient trends among them. TechCrunch’s Top 5 Healthcare Predictions for 2015: […]
About Jane & Health Populi
Jane Sarasohn-Kahn is a health economist and management consultant that serves clients at the intersection of health and technology.
Her clients include all stakeholders in health, including providers, payors and plans; companies in biopharma, medical devices, financial services, technology and consumer goods; non-profits and NGOs. Jane's lens on health was best described by Dr. Regina Benjamin, U.S. Surgeon General, who says that health is where we live, work, play and pray.
California Healthcare Foundation White Papers
- Consumers blame insurance and pharma for health costs, but love their primary care doctors October 22, 2012
- Patients want online communication with doctors, and more clinicians are listening July 26, 2011
- ePatients: a connected, collaborative, creating community September 30, 2010
- Patients want to see the notes their doctors write about them: the power of transparency in health care October 2, 2012
- Telehealth is in demand, driven by consumer convenience and cost – American Well speaks January 26, 2015
- Health care costs still top financial problems for Americans January 21, 2015
- Thinking about health disparities on Martin Luther King Day 2015 January 19, 2015
- People in consumer-directed health plans are — surprise! — getting more consumer-directed January 16, 2015
- InnovateMedicalCenter: Glad to see that you shared information here. That...
- Cardiologist in Madhapur: nice post jane quite thought provoking one keep it...
- People in consumer-directed health plans are — surprise! — getting more consumer-directed | Health Populi: […] 2015 forecast for health care includes D...
- People in consumer-directed health plans are — surprise! — getting more consumer-directed | Health Populi: […] PwC’s 2015 forecast for health car...