Exploiting Big Data in industry is Big News these days, and nowhere is the potential for leveraging the concept greater than in health care. McKinsey & Company estimates that harnessing big data across five dimensions of health care could yield nearly one-half trillion dollars’ worth of value in The ‘big data’ revolution in healthcare. The [...]
Digital health is attracting the likes of Bill Clinton, Lupe Fiasco, Deepak Chopra, Dr. Sanjay Gupta, Arianna Huffington, and numerous famous athletes who rep a growing array of activity trackers, wearable sensors, and mobile health apps. Will this diverse cadre of popular celebs drive consumer adoption of mobile health? Can a “cool factor” motivate people to try [...]
Only one-third of U.S. physicians believe that patients should have “full access” to their electronic health records, according to Patient Access to Electronic Health Records What Does the Doctor Order?, a survey conducted by Accenture, released at HIMSS13 in March 2013. Two-thirds of doctors in the U.S. are open to patients having “limited access” to their [...]
A vast majority – 9 in 10 physicians – like mobile health (mHealth) apps, especially when tied to electronic health records (EHRs). eClinicalWorks surveyed physicians in January 2013, and found physicians bullish on mobile health apps for patient benefit – not just for their own office productivity and workflow. Specifically, – 93% of physicians say [...]
Most of us keep track of some aspect of our health. Half of all people who track do so “in their heads,” not on paper, Excel spreadsheet, or via digital platform. Furthermore, 36% update their health tracking data at least once a day; but 16% update at most twice a month, and 9% update less [...]
About Jane & Health Populi
Jane Sarasohn-Kahn is a health economist and management consultant that serves clients at the intersection of health and technology.
Her clients include all stakeholders in health, including providers, payors and plans; companies in biopharma, medical devices, financial services, technology and consumer goods; non-profits and NGOs. Jane's lens on health was best described by Dr. Regina Benjamin, U.S. Surgeon General, who says that health is where we live, work, play and pray.
California Healthcare Foundation White Papers
- Consumers blame insurance and pharma for health costs, but love their primary care doctors October 22, 2012
- Patients want online communication with doctors, and more clinicians are listening July 26, 2011
- ePatients: a connected, collaborative, creating community September 30, 2010
- Patients want to see the notes their doctors write about them: the power of transparency in health care October 2, 2012
- The health and wellness gap between insured and uninsured people May 24, 2013
- Health care costs for a family of 4 in 2013: a college education, a diamond or a 4-door sedan May 22, 2013
- Most employers will provide health insurance benefits in 2014…with more costs for employees May 21, 2013
- Angelina and Abercrombie: connecting the dots for healthy body image May 17, 2013
- Needed: A Health System for Adults – Forbes | World News: [...] the government and the lifestyle/behavior of...
- Marketing Digital Health to Mom 2.0 on Mother’s Day 2013 | The Doctor Weighs In: [...] Posted at Health Populi on [...]...
- Marketing Digital Health to Mom 2.0 on Mother’s Day 2013 | Health Populi: [...] Populi’s Hot Points: With digital hea...
- Americans feeling more financially insecure | The Doctor Weighs In: [...] By Jane Sarasohn-Kahn [...]...