For a consumer who’s enrolled in Medicare and takes three brand name prescription drugs on a chronic basis, the average increase in the cost of the medications used to treat those conditions increased by nearly $2,100 between 2002 and 2008. Between 2007 and 2008, the average increase in drug price over 3 therapies was $556. […]
The outlook for the U.S. hospital sector will remain negative well into 2010, based on my reading of credit rating reports from Fitch, Moody’s and Standard & Poors. Hospitals are dealing with the recession adopting a broad and deep range of strategies, inventoried in a comprehensive survey issued by the Healthcare Financial Management Association (HFMA), […]
You’re not so happy with your health plan if you purchase it as an individual or receive it through a small employer. That’s the top-line finding of J.D. Power‘s 2009 National Health Insurance Plan Study. What’s driving down health plan satisfaction is consumers’ lack of understanding of the benefit. “Members still tend to be least […]
Into the Mainstream and onto the U.S. Mainland, American Well will be offered in Minnesota by the Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Minnesota (BCBSMN) health plan. This is a market signal that online health has come to Main Street. When American Well first launched in the state of Hawaii, some critics said that was […]
Is Clayton Christensen right? On April 8, 2009, the Disruptive Harvard Professor was interviewed in Harvard Business School’s Working Knowledge saying that Personal Electronic Health Records (PEHRs) can, “help us manage our own health care” and be “transformative in lots of unexpected ways.” By his definition in The Innovator’s Prescription, a disruptive innovation transforms a […]
About Jane & Health Populi
Jane Sarasohn-Kahn is a health economist and management consultant that serves clients at the intersection of health and technology.
Her clients include all stakeholders in health, including providers, payors and plans; companies in biopharma, medical devices, financial services, technology and consumer goods; non-profits and NGOs. Jane's lens on health was best described by Dr. Regina Benjamin, U.S. Surgeon General, who says that health is where we live, work, play and pray.
California Healthcare Foundation White Papers
- Consumers blame insurance and pharma for health costs, but love their primary care doctors October 22, 2012
- Patients want online communication with doctors, and more clinicians are listening July 26, 2011
- Patients want to see the notes their doctors write about them: the power of transparency in health care October 2, 2012
- ePatients: a connected, collaborative, creating community September 30, 2010
- Beauty, Health and Power July 27, 2015
- Health Politics – Learning From History in Art from the Reagan/AIDS Era July 24, 2015
- Older People and Activity Tracking: AARP Weighs In July 23, 2015
- Entresto – model for future Rx? July 22, 2015
- Tim Dodge: I wrote a blog post a few years ago about the lack...
- ÿþT: ÿþI...
- Cancer Treatment Out of Reach even with Insurance | Catherine-Morgan.com: […] From Health Populi – The Cost of C...
- Analytics in Cloud Heals Healthcare's Ills: […] wage increases – and 40 percent of pri...