There’s a new wiki in the health social media town, Medpedia. Among the most popular online sources for health information is Wikipedia. Millions of people search Wikipedia daily for insights into medical conditions, drugs, and procedures. Now comes the announcement of a sharply-focused wiki from the most credible of academic health institutions: Harvard, Michigan (my […]
The latest survey data from the Medical Group Management Association (MGMA)calculates that primary care physicians earned an average of $182,322 in 2007. Specialty physicians overall earned $332,450…nearly twice as much as primary care docs. Year-on-year, specialty physicians’ compensation rose .31% adjusted for inflation (3.16% without inflation).Primary care doctors’ compensation increased 3.35% over inflation, or 6.3% […]
Very few people talk about prescription drugs online. Most of these conversations are happening in the offline world of phone calls, cafes, and water coolers. This finding by the Keller Fay Group, a marketing organization that specializes in word-of-mouth (WOM) marketing, first surprised me. So I contacted Ed Keller, CEO of the Group, to talk […]
The price of gas is a headache for every consumer. But the health impacts of high fuel prices go beyond that metaphorical symptom. Consider: medical supplies and home health. But it’s not all bad news: on the positive side, higher fuel prices could positive impact the obesity epidemic and the rate of motor vehicle fatalities. […]
Medical tourism gets a lot of buzz these days, estimated to be a $60 billion industry. Aggressive projections forecast the industry will reach $100 billion in 2012.The U.S. being an employer-based insurance system for health, employers are the primary conduits of health insurance in the U.S. (along with government). As many consider incorporating medical tourism […]
About Jane & Health Populi
Jane Sarasohn-Kahn is a health economist and management consultant that serves clients at the intersection of health and technology.
Her clients include all stakeholders in health, including providers, payors and plans; companies in biopharma, medical devices, financial services, technology and consumer goods; non-profits and NGOs. Jane's lens on health was best described by Dr. Regina Benjamin, U.S. Surgeon General, who says that health is where we live, work, play and pray.
California Healthcare Foundation White Papers
- Consumers blame insurance and pharma for health costs, but love their primary care doctors October 22, 2012
- Patients want online communication with doctors, and more clinicians are listening July 26, 2011
- ePatients: a connected, collaborative, creating community September 30, 2010
- Patients want to see the notes their doctors write about them: the power of transparency in health care October 2, 2012
- Digital health is hot at South-by-Southwest #SXSH March 7, 2014
- Risk-shift: employers continue to push more risk to employees and families for health costs March 7, 2014
- Employers spending more on wellness in 2014, with growing focus on food March 4, 2014
- HIMSS14 Monday Morning Quarterback – The Key Takeaways March 3, 2014
- HIMSS14 Monday Morning Quarterback – The Key Takeaways | Health Populi: […] economics in the U.S….and opportun...
- Cloud technology to propel growth in healthcare IT market By Dan Bowman | EIX System: […] a recent post to her Health Populi blog,...
- Hillary Clinton wows the HIMSS14 crowd of 20,000+ | Health Populi: […] pleasure of experiencing Bill Clinton...
- Laura Henze Russell: Best thing to do: get healthy, so you don't need ...