Some hospitals’ margins improved in the first quarter of 2009 according to data from Thomson Reuters. However, Fitch and Moody’s, the credit ratings agencies, expect continued declines through 2009.Thomson Reuters does report that while total margin improved for all types of hospitals, there was a wide variation in Q1 of 2009. Compare the top quartile, […]
Health care in the U.S. is directly shaped, financed and delivered in the context of the national economy. The recession in America impacts health care in many ways that the Robert Wood Johnson Foundation (RWJF) recently explored in an off-the-record meeting in June 2009 including representatives from health care, the public sector, business, insurance, policy […]
The relationship between patients and their physicians is a key driver in how and if people proactively manage their health. But cost often gets in the way of that relationship between a patient-consumer and a primary care doctor. The #1 reason why Americans deter proactive health care is cost. No American, whether insured and unemployed […]
The four ‘health don’ts’ are never to smoke, lose weight, move around, and eat well.A new study, Healthy Living is the Best Revenge, appears in the August 10/24 2009 issue of the Archives of Internal Medicine which addresses the roots of chronic disease. The researchers, a cross-Atlantic team from the CDC and the German Institute […]
If you read Health Populi then you’re as confounded as I am by the plethora of polls on Americans’ views on health reform. In the past month, I have received a press release (or two or three) from Rasmussen, ABC-Washington Post, CBS-NY Times, Fox News, Gallup-USA Today, Robert Wood Johnson Foundation, Kaiser Family Foundation, NBC-Wall […]
About Jane & Health Populi
Jane Sarasohn-Kahn is a health economist and management consultant that serves clients at the intersection of health and technology.
Her clients include all stakeholders in health, including providers, payors and plans; companies in biopharma, medical devices, financial services, technology and consumer goods; non-profits and NGOs. Jane's lens on health was best described by Dr. Regina Benjamin, U.S. Surgeon General, who says that health is where we live, work, play and pray.
California Healthcare Foundation White Papers
- Consumers blame insurance and pharma for health costs, but love their primary care doctors October 22, 2012
- Patients want online communication with doctors, and more clinicians are listening July 26, 2011
- Patients want to see the notes their doctors write about them: the power of transparency in health care October 2, 2012
- ePatients: a connected, collaborative, creating community September 30, 2010
- Rural Hospitals in America – Health Disparities, Hospital Disparities February 9, 2016
- Improving the Patient Experience in Legacy Health Systems – My Start-Up Health Interview February 5, 2016
- Building Health Bridges — Health:Further Goes Beyond the Disruptive February 4, 2016
- Welcome to the Era of Personal Health IT – a #HIMSS16 Preview February 3, 2016
- Improving the Patient Experience in Legacy Health Systems - My Start-Up Health Interview - Health Populi: […] Here’s the video…which cover...
- Baby Tech Summit - The Consumer Health Electronics Show – Putting People At the Center: […] As we concluded our panel on The Wizards...
- Welcome to the Era of Personal Health IT - a #HIMSS16 Preview - Health Populi: […] People In Consumer-Directed Health Plans...
- Welcome to the Era of Personal Health IT - a #HIMSS16 Preview - Health Populi: […] More Consumers Expect a Connected Health...