We’re in a recession; actually, we’ve been in one for the past year, but no official agency decided to tell us. Perhaps “they” wanted to wait until after the November ’08 Presidential election? The declaration of recession is the official news from The National Bureau of Economic Research (NBER), whose mind-numbingly-titled press release, Determination […]
The concept of “cyberchondria” is not new. My first exposure to the term was through a study by Harris Interactive in 2002 which conducted a global cyberchondria study comparing health citizens online in the France, Germany, Japan and the U.S. The study defined cyberchrondriacs as “people who use the Internet for health purposes.” Harris’s poll […]
In this season of thanks, I am thankful to my wonderful parents, Chuck and Polly Sarasohn. They both had challenging end-of-life struggles — Dad in 2007, and Mom in 1979. I highlighted Dad’s unfortunate experience with an overlooked DNR order while in a congestive heart failure inpatient unit in an iHealthBeat column, Digital Diretives Could […]
Moms represent a $2.1 trillion market, according to the Marketing to Moms Coalition. “Dear Marketers, Recession is the mother of invention,” begins a full-page ad in the November 17, 2008, Advertising Age magazine. The ad promotes Cookie magazine, a monthly targeted to mothers with the tag-line, “Life. Style. Family.” I’ve thought a lot about Moms […]
Employers shifted more out-of-pocket health costs to employees in 2008 while holding benefit cost increases to about 6%, according to Mercer, the benefits consulting firm. The most striking single piece of data that came out of Mercer’s annual National Survey of Employer-Sponsored Health Plans is that the median deductible for employees enrolled in a PPO […]
About Jane & Health Populi
Jane Sarasohn-Kahn is a health economist and management consultant that serves clients at the intersection of health and technology.
Her clients include all stakeholders in health, including providers, payors and plans; companies in biopharma, medical devices, financial services, technology and consumer goods; non-profits and NGOs. Jane's lens on health was best described by Dr. Regina Benjamin, U.S. Surgeon General, who says that health is where we live, work, play and pray.
California Healthcare Foundation White Papers
- Consumers blame insurance and pharma for health costs, but love their primary care doctors October 22, 2012
- Patients want online communication with doctors, and more clinicians are listening July 26, 2011
- ePatients: a connected, collaborative, creating community September 30, 2010
- Patients want to see the notes their doctors write about them: the power of transparency in health care October 2, 2012
- Pharma industry update – drug spending, R&D costs, generics, and Botox November 24, 2014
- Health insurance companies rank low on consumer experience November 20, 2014
- Digital and mobile health: can doctors and consumers get on the same wavelength? November 19, 2014
- Health care costs, access and Ebola – what’s on health care consumers’ minds November 17, 2014
- Digital and mobile health: can doctors and consumers get on the same wavelength? | Health Populi: […] complete picture of a patient’s li...
- Health-committed consumers look to food to be healthy, wealthy, and wise | Health Populi: […] list of promotions cited by Dunnhumby is...
- Retail M&A – How Do I Promote My Retail Enterprise? | Create Resumes | Find Jobs | FastJobz.Com: […] celebration. Whereas the prospect could ...
- Power to the health care consumer – but how much and when? | Health Populi: […] Health Market 2.0 world. This new revolu...