America’s internal medicine physicians have a prescription for reforming the U.S. health system. It’s a chicken-in-every-pot solution of: 1. A primary care doctor, and 2. Affordable and accessible health care for all. This solution comes out of the American College of Physicians‘ (ACPs’) view that primary care is in crisis mode in the U.S. The […]
In 2008, mass media coverage of vaccines seemed more focused on pop celebrity fights, pro- and con-, versus scientific revelations. Will 2009 yield more knowledge and less confusion? 2008 was something of an Amanda Peet-versus-Jenny McCarthy show, pro v. con, taking place on the covers of People magazine and in YouTube videos. But just in […]
Americans’ purchases at the grocery store are shifting based on the economic downturn. The headline from NielsenHealth is that consumers are searching for quality and value when shopping. And, people are cooking more at home and purchasing staple goods to have in the pantry. Americans are also buying more wine and vitamins. Dried vegetables and […]
In this $819 bailout, post-Lehman Bros., post-Madoff, era, Americans are looking for clear, jargon-free, transparent information. According to a survey from Siegel+Gale, the branding consultancy, the two new “marketing imperatives” are transparency and authenticity. While the financial market implosion is top-of-mind among consumers in this economic downturn, it’s not only financial statements that Americans criticize. […]
“The performance of consumer-driven health care has fallen short of both the aspirations of its proponents and the fears of its critics,” according to a review of the state of consumer-directed health care published in Health Affairs. Jamie Robinson of UC-Berkeley and Paul Ginsburg of the Center for Studying Health System Change examine the first […]
About Jane & Health Populi
Jane Sarasohn-Kahn is a health economist and management consultant that serves clients at the intersection of health and technology.
Her clients include all stakeholders in health, including providers, payors and plans; companies in biopharma, medical devices, financial services, technology and consumer goods; non-profits and NGOs. Jane's lens on health was best described by Dr. Regina Benjamin, U.S. Surgeon General, who says that health is where we live, work, play and pray.
California Healthcare Foundation White Papers
- Consumers blame insurance and pharma for health costs, but love their primary care doctors October 22, 2012
- Patients want online communication with doctors, and more clinicians are listening July 26, 2011
- Patients want to see the notes their doctors write about them: the power of transparency in health care October 2, 2012
- ePatients: a connected, collaborative, creating community September 30, 2010
- Doctors who write right: Gawande, Topol and Wachter put people at the center of health/care March 30, 2015
- Transparency in health care: not all consumers want to look March 24, 2015
- The Affordable Care Act As New-Business Creator March 19, 2015
- What Mavis Staples taught us about health at SXSW March 17, 2015
- News Round Up – July 20 | Dr Nick van Terheyden: […] This review of Kaiser’s myHealthMa...
- andrew Stoll: Have you ever heard of Smart Choice MRI? They are...
- Honor Spock’s Logic – Follow the Science | Dr Nick van Terheyden: […] my good Friend Jane Sarasohn-Kahn highli...
- The Affordable Care Act As New-Business Creator | Health Populi: […] consumers take on more financial risk in...