1 in 2 older Americans use prescription drugs and over-the-counter products together. 4% of them are at-risk of adverse drug interaction.The potential for adverse reactions is substantial; nearly 30% of older adults take at least 5 Rx medications on a regular basis. Older people are the biggest consumers of prescription meds and thus are more […]
‘Tis the season of health data projects. First, The State of the USA. There are 20 critical data points you need to know to understand, and then improve, the health of the U.S. A new and expansive data collection effort is underway that will inventory the most credible of these indicators so we have a […]
There is very little cushion in family budgets for health care costs — even for families with insurance coverage. So says the Center for Studying Health System Change (CSHSC), which regular Health Populi readers know is one of my most valued sources on information on the microeconomy of health in the U.S.CSHSC’s latest Issue Brief […]
Globally, the banking industry is in a deep funk. From enduring $billion exposures due to Mr. Madoff’s Ponzi scheme to exorcising bad debt, defaulted mortgages, and shedding employees, it appears that banking isn’t the business to be in for the moment. There is a hopeful growth area in banking, though — it’s health care. As […]
There is good news and bad news in the rich data mine that is the latest version of Manhattan Research’s Cybercitizen Health survey. On the positive side of eHealth, the number of Americans who are seeking health information online has more than doubled since 2002. On the downside, nearly 40 million Americans did not fill […]
About Jane & Health Populi
Jane Sarasohn-Kahn is a health economist and management consultant that serves clients at the intersection of health and technology.
Her clients include all stakeholders in health, including providers, payors and plans; companies in biopharma, medical devices, financial services, technology and consumer goods; non-profits and NGOs. Jane's lens on health was best described by Dr. Regina Benjamin, U.S. Surgeon General, who says that health is where we live, work, play and pray.
California Healthcare Foundation White Papers
- Consumers blame insurance and pharma for health costs, but love their primary care doctors October 22, 2012
- Patients want online communication with doctors, and more clinicians are listening July 26, 2011
- ePatients: a connected, collaborative, creating community September 30, 2010
- Patients want to see the notes their doctors write about them: the power of transparency in health care October 2, 2012
- Health care costs still top financial problems for Americans January 21, 2015
- Thinking about health disparities on Martin Luther King Day 2015 January 19, 2015
- People in consumer-directed health plans are — surprise! — getting more consumer-directed January 16, 2015
- Who is perfect? Advocacy ads for real people. January 14, 2015
- InnovateMedicalCenter: Glad to see that you shared information here. That...
- Cardiologist in Madhapur: nice post jane quite thought provoking one keep it...
- People in consumer-directed health plans are — surprise! — getting more consumer-directed | Health Populi: […] 2015 forecast for health care includes D...
- People in consumer-directed health plans are — surprise! — getting more consumer-directed | Health Populi: […] PwC’s 2015 forecast for health car...