While fairly satisfied with their own health care, Washingtonians are frustrated about health care costs and the lack of access to care for their fellow Americans. These findings are similar to a similar poll of Iowans conducted by CodeBlueNow!, an advocacy organization focused on health reform. Health Populi blogged about the Iowa survey here. The [...]
We’d rather be healthy than wealthy, according to a new survey from Manning Selvage & Lee (MS&L), the PR firm that’s part of the global communications company, Publicis. MS&L polled Americans’ beliefs on health and self-esteem. Three-quarters (72%) of Americans say that being physically healthy is a symbol of personal success. 91% of Americans said [...]
When the health care Oscars are announced in 2010 for top roles, the health care academy won’t know whether to cast Wal-Mart as the lead, supporting, director, or producer in health care. Wal-Mart is the third largest pharmacy chain in the U.S. As #1 on the Fortune 500 list, the retailer’s role as a jumbo [...]
In a thoughtful new report, the Committee for Economic Development (CED) suggests that by being open, the U.S. health system could be transformed. The concept of “openness,” as described by CED in Harnessing Openness to Transform American Health Care, goes beyond what we traditionally think of as transparency. Of course, transparency is critical for helping [...]
For those employees fortunate enough to receive health insurance from work, there’s a bountiful array of health care services that are still covered by plans. The International Foundation of Employee Benefit Plans (IFEBP) polled its membership in late 2007 and found that employers are not only continuing to cover a broad range of services, but [...]
About Jane & Health Populi
Jane Sarasohn-Kahn is a health economist and management consultant that serves clients at the intersection of health and technology.
Her clients include all stakeholders in health, including providers, payors and plans; companies in biopharma, medical devices, financial services, technology and consumer goods; non-profits and NGOs. Jane's lens on health was best described by Dr. Regina Benjamin, U.S. Surgeon General, who says that health is where we live, work, play and pray.
California Healthcare Foundation White Papers
- Consumers blame insurance and pharma for health costs, but love their primary care doctors October 22, 2012
- Patients want online communication with doctors, and more clinicians are listening July 26, 2011
- ePatients: a connected, collaborative, creating community September 30, 2010
- Patients want to see the notes their doctors write about them: the power of transparency in health care October 2, 2012
- The health and wellness gap between insured and uninsured people May 24, 2013
- Health care costs for a family of 4 in 2013: a college education, a diamond or a 4-door sedan May 22, 2013
- Most employers will provide health insurance benefits in 2014…with more costs for employees May 21, 2013
- Angelina and Abercrombie: connecting the dots for healthy body image May 17, 2013
- Needed: A Health System for Adults – Forbes | World News: [...] the government and the lifestyle/behavior of...
- Marketing Digital Health to Mom 2.0 on Mother’s Day 2013 | The Doctor Weighs In: [...] Posted at Health Populi on [...]...
- Marketing Digital Health to Mom 2.0 on Mother’s Day 2013 | Health Populi: [...] Populi’s Hot Points: With digital hea...
- Americans feeling more financially insecure | The Doctor Weighs In: [...] By Jane Sarasohn-Kahn [...]...