We’re living in the hype cycle of the HIT portion of the economic stimulus package. Lest we get too carried away, a survey sponsored by NCR reminds us that hospitals are rationing their health IT spending in 2009.Only 15% of hospital leaders say the economy is having ‘no effect’ on their IT spending. Otherwise, 36% […]
“The world changed yesterday at 1 pm Mountain time,” Steve Lieber, President of the Health Information Management Systems Society (HIMSS), told over 1,500 attendees of a webinar on February 18. These new times, Lieber said, “will require our vendor community to react a little bit differently and change business practices.” Lieber said that health information […]
In the top 100 most social brands determined by Vitrue, not a single one is directly related to health or health care.Among the most visible industry sectors in top 100 are: Automobile manufacturers (Ford, Honda, Lincoln, GM and Mercedes rank highest among the autos). All-things-Apple including the #1 socially-ranking iPhone, #3 Apple corporate, #7 iPod, […]
Nearly 100% of Wal-Mart’s staff is covered by health insurance, either through the company itself or through another source. Covered “associates” reached a total of 94.5% this month, compared with 92.7% last year. The total proportion of Wal-Mart employees covered by Wal-Mart’s plans at the end of open enrollment was 51.8%. Uninsured Wal-Mart employees […]
The Mobile Phone Congress is buzzing in Barcelona, and there are signs that the sector is healthier than other parts of the global economy. Despite the downturn in economies ’round the world, mobile phones are a bright spot bringing happy ringtones to the otherwise dismal forecast in consumer spending. According to Nielsen’s research into the […]
About Jane & Health Populi
Jane Sarasohn-Kahn is a health economist and management consultant that serves clients at the intersection of health and technology.
Her clients include all stakeholders in health, including providers, payors and plans; companies in biopharma, medical devices, financial services, technology and consumer goods; non-profits and NGOs. Jane's lens on health was best described by Dr. Regina Benjamin, U.S. Surgeon General, who says that health is where we live, work, play and pray.
California Healthcare Foundation White Papers
- Consumers blame insurance and pharma for health costs, but love their primary care doctors October 22, 2012
- Patients want online communication with doctors, and more clinicians are listening July 26, 2011
- Patients want to see the notes their doctors write about them: the power of transparency in health care October 2, 2012
- ePatients: a connected, collaborative, creating community September 30, 2010
- Capital investments in health IT moving healthcare closer to people May 4, 2015
- Banks — a new entrant in the health/care landscape April 30, 2015
- #OwnYourHealth: Health is everywhere, even underground April 29, 2015
- Nurses are consumers’ trusted partners-in-health April 27, 2015
- Mighty Casey: Emphatically agree with every transformation signa...
- Jane: Dave, thanks for your comment and continued work t...
- Dave Chase (@chasedave): Jane - I agree with your points. We published some...
- Adam Trainor: Awesome. The connections between financial managem...