Employers providing health insurance to employees continue to focus on workers’ health and productivity, despite economic decline and the need to cut costs. This is good news for 2009. 2010 may be a different story, depending on the length and depth of the recession. Hewitt’s 10th Annual Health Care Report, Challenges for Health Care in […]
Most people who receive email messages from pharmaceutical companies tend to like it. 9 in 10 believe it’s a good way to learn about new products entering the market — nearly as many people as those who like receiving travel offers via email. This finding comes from Epsilon‘s Email Branding Study, released in early March […]
Patients have spoken, and they really like their care providers. It’s good news for medical practices that patient satisfaction is on the rise, and has been for the past year. As practices pay attention to consumer-facing issues like waiting room times, ease of scheduling, and, yes, exam room manners, patients get more satisfied with care. […]
American consumer sentiment over the past year feels and looks like a rollercoaster ride in freefall, ever driving downward as the chart shows. It’s jobs and health costs forcing the downward trajectory. More than stock market declines and saving for retirement, Americans fear two things most in this recession: losing their job, and the costs […]
And the pot will be from Costco, not Williams-Sonoma.The most telling point about health reform in President Obama’s budget is that, “Some researchers believe that healthcare costs could be reduced by a stunning 30 percent — or about $700 billion a year — without harming quality if we moved as a nation toward the proven […]
About Jane & Health Populi
Jane Sarasohn-Kahn is a health economist and management consultant that serves clients at the intersection of health and technology.
Her clients include all stakeholders in health, including providers, payors and plans; companies in biopharma, medical devices, financial services, technology and consumer goods; non-profits and NGOs. Jane's lens on health was best described by Dr. Regina Benjamin, U.S. Surgeon General, who says that health is where we live, work, play and pray.
California Healthcare Foundation White Papers
- Consumers blame insurance and pharma for health costs, but love their primary care doctors October 22, 2012
- Patients want online communication with doctors, and more clinicians are listening July 26, 2011
- Patients want to see the notes their doctors write about them: the power of transparency in health care October 2, 2012
- ePatients: a connected, collaborative, creating community September 30, 2010
- All women are health workers May 26, 2015
- Mental health at the workplace – US companies rank #1 for stress May 21, 2015
- Health care costs for a family of four in the U.S. reach $24,671 in 2015 May 19, 2015
- Purchase of wearable fitness trackers expected to grow in 2015, but one-half of Americans would “never” buy one May 18, 2015
- Dietitians Provide A Health Bridge Between Food and Pharmacy -: […] By Jane Sarasohn-Kahn […]...
- A Physical Activity Shortage: Let’s Move! -: […] By Jane Sarasohn-Kahn […]...
- Americans Feeling More Financially Insecure -: […] Posted at Health Populi on […]...
- Most Employers Will Provide Health Insurance Benefits in 2014…With More Costs for Employees -: […] By Jane Sarasohn-Kahn […]...