The ‘average’ swing voter is white, over 50, has income of $60K or less, female, and absolutely certain to vote in November’s election. She is also very worried about the economy, financial security, and health care. The AARP released the Key Findings from AARP Swing Voter Battleground Poll on swing voters this week. Who’s a […]
There’s a disconnect between who Americans believe is responsible for their personal health status, and who should pay for health care.On the first question — personal responsibility for health choices — 82% of Americans believe that they alone are responsible for their health.However, only 44% believe that they should bear no responsibility for paying for […]
Americans don’t agree on much these days in our 50/50 world. But there’s one area of universal agreement among citizens: changing the health system. Rich, lower income, New Englanders, Southerners, Dems and Republicans — all want change when it comes to health care. According to the latest Commonwealth Fund survey, Public Views on U.S. Health […]
Incentives for wellness in the workplace are gaining favor among employers, according to a survey jointly conducted by the ERISA Council (ERIC) and the National Association of Manufacturers. Only 30% of employers offering wellness programs are measuring the results of these activities. Of those who measure, 83% of employers have seen positive or break-even ROIs […]
The key to longevity isn’t about taking vitamins or consuming health care or yogurt…it’s staying connected to family, friends, and world events. That news comes to us from the third Evercare 100 @ 100 Survey which details ultra-seniors’ views on politics and the good life. Evercare surveyed in-depth 100 centenarians. Collectively, their views challenge […]
About Jane & Health Populi
Jane Sarasohn-Kahn is a health economist and management consultant that serves clients at the intersection of health and technology.
Her clients include all stakeholders in health, including providers, payors and plans; companies in biopharma, medical devices, financial services, technology and consumer goods; non-profits and NGOs. Jane's lens on health was best described by Dr. Regina Benjamin, U.S. Surgeon General, who says that health is where we live, work, play and pray.
California Healthcare Foundation White Papers
- Consumers blame insurance and pharma for health costs, but love their primary care doctors October 22, 2012
- Patients want online communication with doctors, and more clinicians are listening July 26, 2011
- ePatients: a connected, collaborative, creating community September 30, 2010
- Patients want to see the notes their doctors write about them: the power of transparency in health care October 2, 2012
- The appification of health – a bullish outlook from Mobiquity April 23, 2014
- Consumers’ spending on medicine grows – the retailization of health care April 21, 2014
- Doctors become health economists April 18, 2014
- Zero kilometers and the future of food April 15, 2014
- @stales: Wait until a real patient fills that role! It's c...
- Consumers’ Brave New World of Health Insurance in 2014 | American Tax and Financial Center: […] will continue to shift financial risk to...
- Consumers’ Brave New World of Health Insurance in 2014 | American Tax and Financial Center: […] The Aon Hewitt employer health survey ...
- Tracking the Trackers: […] trackable, app-centric health technologi...