The first challenges President Obama should tackle are jobs, gas, health care, and the deficit, based on a poll of Americans who voted on November 4. These findings come out of a survey from Democracy Corps/Campaign for America’s Future survey of voters on November 4th and 5th, 2008, conducted by Greenberg Quinlan Rosner Research. For […]
More evidence on Americans, the economy and health behaviors from BearingPoint; remember that health is an asset
71% of Americans have cut household expenses as a result of the financial crisis in the U.S.,according to a new poll from BearingPoint, conducted by Zogby International. Here is more evidence that personal and family health decisions aren’t made in a vacuum separate from other household financial decisions: they’re part and parcel of the kitchen […]
From Lasik surgery to prescription-filling, consumers are responding to the U.S. economic downturn — which may result in either rational or irrational health behavior, depending on your lens on “health.” Retailers of health products are responding to the economic environment, in part, by co-branding with health suppliers and plans to gain traction with consumers. A […]
We know the name of the 44th President of the United States: Barack Obama. As the next President’s supporter Oprah Winfrey is known to ask, “What do you know for sure?” When it comes to health, there are a few things we know about a President Obama.First and foremost, addressing challenges in U.S. health care […]
Go get your treats today while you make your way to the polls: Starbucks is offering free coffee, Dunkin‘ Donuts has star-shaped cakes, and Ben & Jerry’s will offer free scoops between 5 and 8 pm. While you’re enjoying some sweet stuff, ponder some important statistics on this Election Day 2008…. Toyota will probably be […]
About Jane & Health Populi
Jane Sarasohn-Kahn is a health economist and management consultant that serves clients at the intersection of health and technology.
Her clients include all stakeholders in health, including providers, payors and plans; companies in biopharma, medical devices, financial services, technology and consumer goods; non-profits and NGOs. Jane's lens on health was best described by Dr. Regina Benjamin, U.S. Surgeon General, who says that health is where we live, work, play and pray.
California Healthcare Foundation White Papers
- Consumers blame insurance and pharma for health costs, but love their primary care doctors October 22, 2012
- Patients want online communication with doctors, and more clinicians are listening July 26, 2011
- ePatients: a connected, collaborative, creating community September 30, 2010
- Patients want to see the notes their doctors write about them: the power of transparency in health care October 2, 2012
- PwC on wearables – the health opportunity is huge, but who will pay? October 21, 2014
- Rationing health care, driven by high deductibles October 20, 2014
- Health care as a retail business October 14, 2014
- Health and financial well-being are strongly linked, CIGNA asks and answers October 10, 2014
- PwC on wearables – the health opportunity is huge, but who will pay? | Health Populi | Health Innovations: […] Source: healthpopuli.com […]...
- John Doe: Hello Jane, Wearable technology is so popular n...
- Rationing health care, driven by high deductibles | Health Populi: […] it’s peoples’ self-rationin...
- e-Patient Dave: Boy, no kidding. Does it get more "Maslow fundam...