In this season’s Health System Idol contest, the U.S. loses to most other developed countries. One in three Americans would like to “completely rebuild” the U.S. health system, according to The Harris Poll conducted in ten nations. And another 50% believe that, “fundamental changes are needed to make it work better.” Harris also […]
People enrolled in high-deductible health plans tend to make more risky health decisions than those enrolled in lower-deductible plans, according to a study published in the July/August issue of Health Affairs. In Do Consumer-Directed Health Plans Drive Change In Enrollees’ Health Care Behavior? the authors find the answer is, “yes,” probably. Enrollees in the high-deductible […]
Consumers are interested in a variety of financial instruments to help them purchase health care. However, even when given a choice to shop for and eventual purchase insurance, millions of people don’t. Consumers are confused about health plan choices and need help in financial decision making. Data from McKinsey presented in an essay, What consumers […]
Advertising Age analyzes census data on aging and diversity in America, and comes up with some interesting conclusions for consumer marketers. Here at Health Populi, we’re all-health, all-the-time, so I’m going to discuss author Peter Francese’s findings through our health lens. In addition, McKinsey published its insights into aging boomers in the report, Talkin’ ‘Bout […]
A gap in broadband access between low-income Americans and the wealthy, as well as lower penetration in African-American households, persists. This, as greater adoption in the overall American population has increased. It’s another case where the rich get richer; here, that takes the form of people with broadband deepening their online relationships and activities, which […]
About Jane & Health Populi
Jane Sarasohn-Kahn is a health economist and management consultant that serves clients at the intersection of health and technology.
Her clients include all stakeholders in health, including providers, payors and plans; companies in biopharma, medical devices, financial services, technology and consumer goods; non-profits and NGOs. Jane's lens on health was best described by Dr. Regina Benjamin, U.S. Surgeon General, who says that health is where we live, work, play and pray.
California Healthcare Foundation White Papers
- Consumers blame insurance and pharma for health costs, but love their primary care doctors October 22, 2012
- Patients want online communication with doctors, and more clinicians are listening July 26, 2011
- ePatients: a connected, collaborative, creating community September 30, 2010
- Patients want to see the notes their doctors write about them: the power of transparency in health care October 2, 2012
- Digital health is hot at South-by-Southwest #SXSH March 7, 2014
- Risk-shift: employers continue to push more risk to employees and families for health costs March 7, 2014
- Employers spending more on wellness in 2014, with growing focus on food March 4, 2014
- HIMSS14 Monday Morning Quarterback – The Key Takeaways March 3, 2014
- HIMSS14 Monday Morning Quarterback – The Key Takeaways | Health Populi: […] economics in the U.S….and opportun...
- Cloud technology to propel growth in healthcare IT market By Dan Bowman | EIX System: […] a recent post to her Health Populi blog,...
- Hillary Clinton wows the HIMSS14 crowd of 20,000+ | Health Populi: […] pleasure of experiencing Bill Clinton...
- Laura Henze Russell: Best thing to do: get healthy, so you don't need ...