The National Health Service wants to launch a program in the UK that would provide cash payments to citizens to incentivize them to see their primary care doctors to deal with health problems such as diabetes, heart disease and obesity. National Health Service managers are looking to get higher-risk patients into the system sooner for […]
The headline is that CFOs are having trouble accessing credit. What will that mean for health benefits? A survey of American CFOs and comptrollers from Grant Thornton has found that over half of CFOs have seen credit costs increase. 2/3 find credit harder to come-by than in 2007. 1 in 2 CFOs think the U.S. […]
Americans are hungry for change in and outside of health care, but they don't expect much anytime soon
2 in 3 Americans want the US health care system to change. Most don’t believe that change will come any time soon. In fact, most Americans don’t think they’ll see much change in American health care by the time the next-next Presidential election will be held — by 2012. Jon Berry knows buzz: he’s the […]
Most Americans see US health system negatively; savings and household finances pinched by health costs
Rising costs continue to change the way Americans use the health care system. That’s the tagline for the 2008 Health Confidence Survey published by the Employee Benefits Research Institute (EBRI), released October 7. Cost increases over the past year have directly changed health care consumers’ behaviors in the system. 74% of people choose generic drugs […]
Stress due to the economic downturn is causing more of us to be irritable, angry, sleepless, and self-medicating through food. And stress in the workplace is costing business $300 billion a year, according to the American Psychological Association (APA), due to the loss of productivity, absenteeism, turnover and increased medical costs. The APA […]
About Jane & Health Populi
Jane Sarasohn-Kahn is a health economist and management consultant that serves clients at the intersection of health and technology.
Her clients include all stakeholders in health, including providers, payors and plans; companies in biopharma, medical devices, financial services, technology and consumer goods; non-profits and NGOs. Jane's lens on health was best described by Dr. Regina Benjamin, U.S. Surgeon General, who says that health is where we live, work, play and pray.
California Healthcare Foundation White Papers
- Consumers blame insurance and pharma for health costs, but love their primary care doctors October 22, 2012
- Patients want online communication with doctors, and more clinicians are listening July 26, 2011
- ePatients: a connected, collaborative, creating community September 30, 2010
- Patients want to see the notes their doctors write about them: the power of transparency in health care October 2, 2012
- NephCure – a rare disease community that’s patient-powered August 27, 2014
- Understanding the patient journey – using real-world data August 25, 2014
- Health economics in the exam room: doctors and patients discussing the costs of health care August 22, 2014
- Inflection point for telehealth in 2014 August 19, 2014
- Dynamic Journey Mapping and P2P | Enabling Healthy Decisions: […] sources for analysis and insights. I t...
- Book: My Healthcare Is Killing Me | Enabling Healthy Decisions: […] Change Healthcare, you should look at th...
- Thought Leader Fridays: Aug 22nd | MedNexus: […] One of the things we take for granted: O...
- Understanding the patient journey – using real-world data | Health Populi: […] about “patient affordability”...