Federal negotiations on prescription drug prices, covering kids’ health care, and requiring insurance companies to accept people with pre-existing health conditions are among the most popular elements of President Obama’s health reform platform among all Americans. However, tempering the public’s majority support for these health plan ideas, Americans don’t have much confidence in Congress these […]
Virtually all doctors are worried that patients aren’t filling their prescriptions. In addition to not filling Rx’s, physicians are most concerned about patients’ skipping doses, splitting pills, discontinuing other treatments, sharing prescriptions, and taking expired meds.Physician survey on generic drug use, a survey from Epocrates, the clinical decision support company. As the chart shows, doctors’ […]
Peter Orszag, the Director of the Office of Management and Budget, has said that Medicare will be the long-term driver of a U.S. economic deficit. Underneath that forecast, it’s the cost of managing chronic disease for Medicare enrollees that’s the main fiscal challenge. Quality of Care, and Health Expenditures Among Medicare Beneficiaries, published in the […]
The number of people searching for prescription drug information online has tripled in five years, according to the latest insights from Manhattan Research‘s ePharma Consumer study. 90 million Americans looked for Rx information in 2008, compared with 25 million in 2003, Mark Bard, the president of Manhattan Research (MR), told a group of webinar attendees […]
Paper, Benjamin, Paper. The lowest-hanging fruit opportunity in reforming health care today is paper. Getting rid of it, that is. In their Recommndations to the Obama Administration and 111th Congress, Ingenix says that, “Administrative cost savings are win-win propositions, benefiting all stakeholders.” Health Populi’s Hot Points: As Congress continues to wrestle with what $20 billion […]
About Jane & Health Populi
Jane Sarasohn-Kahn is a health economist and management consultant that serves clients at the intersection of health and technology.
Her clients include all stakeholders in health, including providers, payors and plans; companies in biopharma, medical devices, financial services, technology and consumer goods; non-profits and NGOs. Jane's lens on health was best described by Dr. Regina Benjamin, U.S. Surgeon General, who says that health is where we live, work, play and pray.
California Healthcare Foundation White Papers
- Consumers blame insurance and pharma for health costs, but love their primary care doctors October 22, 2012
- Patients want online communication with doctors, and more clinicians are listening July 26, 2011
- Patients want to see the notes their doctors write about them: the power of transparency in health care October 2, 2012
- ePatients: a connected, collaborative, creating community September 30, 2010
- Capital investments in health IT moving healthcare closer to people May 4, 2015
- Banks — a new entrant in the health/care landscape April 30, 2015
- #OwnYourHealth: Health is everywhere, even underground April 29, 2015
- Nurses are consumers’ trusted partners-in-health April 27, 2015
- Mighty Casey: Emphatically agree with every transformation signa...
- Jane: Dave, thanks for your comment and continued work t...
- Dave Chase (@chasedave): Jane - I agree with your points. We published some...
- Adam Trainor: Awesome. The connections between financial managem...