If it’s April in Chicago and it’s snowing it must be HIMSS. Say, what? Usually the annual meeting of the Healthcare Information and Management Systems Society (HIMSS) is held in February in some lovely southern climate, like Florida, Georgia or Southern California. This year, the HIMSS organizers thought they’d try out the association’s home base […]
Americans’ problems paying medical bills are increasing, especially for those people managing chronic conditions. In 2007, 3 in 10 people with chronic conditions were in families with problems paying medical bills, compared to 21% of people in 2003. According to Financial and Health Burdens of Chronic Conditions Grow, a Tracking Report from The Center for […]
The ‘official’ US unemployment stats for March will be published on April 3, but several data sources assert that the US labor market worsened again in March. One from ADP, the company that processes one in six payments for US workers, calculates a loss of 668,000 jobs in March ’09. Dow Jones Newswires’ survey predicts […]
As electronic health records get a starring role in the economic stimulus package in the U.S., Americans are thinking through who to trust with their personal health data. 3 in 4 Americans trust health providers above all other “data stewards” for handling their personally identified information, according to a BBC America survey conducted by The […]
Thomson published its Top 100 Hospitals list this week, which felt like a déjà vu all over again. Didn’t I just see AARP’s top hospitals, along with similar rankings from US News and HealthGrades in recent months?Is this an embarrassment of riches? Or just more heavy-lifting for confused American health citizens?The Thomson Reuters 100 Top […]
About Jane & Health Populi
Jane Sarasohn-Kahn is a health economist and management consultant that serves clients at the intersection of health and technology.
Her clients include all stakeholders in health, including providers, payors and plans; companies in biopharma, medical devices, financial services, technology and consumer goods; non-profits and NGOs. Jane's lens on health was best described by Dr. Regina Benjamin, U.S. Surgeon General, who says that health is where we live, work, play and pray.
California Healthcare Foundation White Papers
- Consumers blame insurance and pharma for health costs, but love their primary care doctors October 22, 2012
- Patients want online communication with doctors, and more clinicians are listening July 26, 2011
- Patients want to see the notes their doctors write about them: the power of transparency in health care October 2, 2012
- ePatients: a connected, collaborative, creating community September 30, 2010
- It’s My Body And I’ll Test If I Want To July 30, 2015
- Medicare Makes the Case for Outcomes, As Increasing Costs Loom July 29, 2015
- Beauty, Health and Power July 27, 2015
- Health Politics – Learning From History in Art from the Reagan/AIDS Era July 24, 2015
- Tim Dodge: I wrote a blog post a few years ago about the lack...
- ÿþT: ÿþI...
- Cancer Treatment Out of Reach even with Insurance | Catherine-Morgan.com: […] From Health Populi – The Cost of C...
- Analytics in Cloud Heals Healthcare's Ills: […] wage increases – and 40 percent of pri...