Two of the top new products launched in 2008 were Zyrtec and alli, according to IRI in their March report, 2008 New Product Pacesetters: The Role of Innovation in a Down Economy. In fact, non-food new product introductions were more successful than food intros in 2008. IRI says this is due to shoppers “taking their […]
In 2009, the cost of health care for a 65-year old couple entering retirement is 50% more than it was in 2002, according to Fidelity Investments. The nest-egg required for retirement health is $240,000, give or take tens of thousands depending on your health risks. In just the past year, this cost increased 6.7%, from […]
This week’s New England Journal of Medicine provides something of a real-world mini-primer for everyone’s radar on electronic health records and the HITECH funding included in ARRA, the economic stimulus bill. The cautionary paragraph, offered by Mandl and Kohane in their essay, No small change for the health information economy, is: “We take it as […]
The economy is re-shaping both employers’ and employee’s views on workplace benefits. Most employers continue to value their most important asset: the human capital that is inherent in their employees. This is good news. Retaining employees is the #1 benefits objective for American employers, according to MetLife’s 7th annual Employee Benefits Trends Study. Now, for […]
2 in 3 Americans believe that, “we must make it a priority to give every single American quality affordable health care,” according to a poll from Rasmussen Reports. There are dramatic differences on the issue of universal health coverage between Democrats and Republicans, however. 90% of Democrats agree that health for all is a national […]
About Jane & Health Populi
Jane Sarasohn-Kahn is a health economist and management consultant that serves clients at the intersection of health and technology.
Her clients include all stakeholders in health, including providers, payors and plans; companies in biopharma, medical devices, financial services, technology and consumer goods; non-profits and NGOs. Jane's lens on health was best described by Dr. Regina Benjamin, U.S. Surgeon General, who says that health is where we live, work, play and pray.
California Healthcare Foundation White Papers
- Consumers blame insurance and pharma for health costs, but love their primary care doctors October 22, 2012
- Patients want online communication with doctors, and more clinicians are listening July 26, 2011
- Patients want to see the notes their doctors write about them: the power of transparency in health care October 2, 2012
- ePatients: a connected, collaborative, creating community September 30, 2010
- It’s My Body And I’ll Test If I Want To July 30, 2015
- Medicare Makes the Case for Outcomes, As Increasing Costs Loom July 29, 2015
- Beauty, Health and Power July 27, 2015
- Health Politics – Learning From History in Art from the Reagan/AIDS Era July 24, 2015
- Mighty Casey: As much as I applaud Theranos' decision to open a...
- Tim Dodge: I wrote a blog post a few years ago about the lack...
- ÿþT: ÿþI...
- Cancer Treatment Out of Reach even with Insurance | Catherine-Morgan.com: […] From Health Populi – The Cost of C...