The most important elements of the economic stimulus package for health would be investing in health information technology, providing COBRA funding assistance for recently laid-off workers, and allowing unemployed Americans access to a public health insurance program. In the longer-run, getting to universal coverage while controlling costs and improving quality and efficiency should be the […]
“A nation that continues year after year to spend more money on military defense than on programs of social uplift is approaching spiritual doom.” So spoke Martin Luther King, Jr. on April 4, 1967 — one year before his assassination. In this week that’s sure to be inspirational and aspirational, I ponder Dr. King […]
The economy, the economy, and the economy — and a dash of Iraq and health care — are on American citizens’ minds when it comes to what they want President Obama to address when he takes office.Kaiser Family Foundation (KFF) and the Harvard School of Public Health (HSPH) have come together once again — as […]
“People who are underinsured end up facing almost identical problems as the uninsured. The difference is, they paid for the privilege.”This observation by Karen Pollitz, director of the Health Policy Institute at Georgetown University, is a harbinger of what will happen very quickly among workers in the U.S. in 2009 — employed and laid-off.Three pieces […]
There are ten New Rules of health engagement, according to the health communications guress Nancy Turett at Edelman:1 Provide deep content.2 Be transparent.3 Inform in real time.4 Participate actively in conversations across multiple channels.5 Engage in prevention, chronic health problems and access to health care.6 Take a holistic approach to health and well-being.7 Address people’s […]
About Jane & Health Populi
Jane Sarasohn-Kahn is a health economist and management consultant that serves clients at the intersection of health and technology.
Her clients include all stakeholders in health, including providers, payors and plans; companies in biopharma, medical devices, financial services, technology and consumer goods; non-profits and NGOs. Jane's lens on health was best described by Dr. Regina Benjamin, U.S. Surgeon General, who says that health is where we live, work, play and pray.
California Healthcare Foundation White Papers
- Consumers blame insurance and pharma for health costs, but love their primary care doctors October 22, 2012
- Patients want online communication with doctors, and more clinicians are listening July 26, 2011
- Patients want to see the notes their doctors write about them: the power of transparency in health care October 2, 2012
- ePatients: a connected, collaborative, creating community September 30, 2010
- Doctors who write right: Gawande, Topol and Wachter put people at the center of health/care March 30, 2015
- Transparency in health care: not all consumers want to look March 24, 2015
- The Affordable Care Act As New-Business Creator March 19, 2015
- What Mavis Staples taught us about health at SXSW March 17, 2015
- News Round Up – July 20 | Dr Nick van Terheyden: […] This review of Kaiser’s myHealthMa...
- andrew Stoll: Have you ever heard of Smart Choice MRI? They are...
- Honor Spock’s Logic – Follow the Science | Dr Nick van Terheyden: […] my good Friend Jane Sarasohn-Kahn highli...
- The Affordable Care Act As New-Business Creator | Health Populi: […] consumers take on more financial risk in...