In October 2008, about one month before the presidential election, 62% of Americans said it was “more important than ever to take on health care reform.” By July 2009, 56% of Americans agreed with that statement.Thus, more than one-half of Americans still believe in passing health reform in 2009, although the majority is somewhat eroding. […]
How to “widen the front door to health care?” asks PricewaterhouseCoopers in a report on alternatives to universal coverage.PwC describes the crisis of U.S. health care as having “jammed access.” Their multi-pronged solution includes getting efficient, innovating with new care models, aligning incentives, and greater teamwork among providers.PwC points to the emergency department as the […]
4 in 5 Americans believe that it is important for President Obama to include health reform in addressing the economic crisis in the U.S., according to The Robert Wood Johnson Foundation Health Care Consumer Confidence Index based on data gathered in June 2009.While the mass media headlines on this survey in the past 24 hours […]
Notwithstanding a weak economy and global competitive pressures on U.S. business, American employers prefer a status quo scenario with a complement of wellness, chronic care management and evidence-based care combined with greater consumer-direction in the form of tax credits to buy private health insurance.Aon Consulting surveyed 1,100 employers in June 2009 and found that 93% […]
The news that Michigan’s unemployment rate passed 15% ushers in the next depressing phase of joblessness in America. As of mid-July 2009, 15 states have unemployment rates of 10% or higher. In the U.S., unemployment quickly leads to uninsurance. According to The Clock is Ticking: More Americans Losing Health Coverage, 44,230 more people are losing […]
About Jane & Health Populi
Jane Sarasohn-Kahn is a health economist and management consultant that serves clients at the intersection of health and technology.
Her clients include all stakeholders in health, including providers, payors and plans; companies in biopharma, medical devices, financial services, technology and consumer goods; non-profits and NGOs. Jane's lens on health was best described by Dr. Regina Benjamin, U.S. Surgeon General, who says that health is where we live, work, play and pray.
California Healthcare Foundation White Papers
- Consumers blame insurance and pharma for health costs, but love their primary care doctors October 22, 2012
- Patients want online communication with doctors, and more clinicians are listening July 26, 2011
- Patients want to see the notes their doctors write about them: the power of transparency in health care October 2, 2012
- ePatients: a connected, collaborative, creating community September 30, 2010
- Improving the Patient Experience in Legacy Health Systems – My Start-Up Health Interview February 5, 2016
- Building Health Bridges — Health:Further Goes Beyond the Disruptive February 4, 2016
- Welcome to the Era of Personal Health IT – a #HIMSS16 Preview February 3, 2016
- My Body, My Self – With My Physician, Say Patients February 2, 2016
- What We Missed at CES, Like the Personalized Cappucino: […] go, I was reliant on emissaries to tell ...
- It's Good to Be Hawaiian When It Comes to Health - the 2015 States of Well-Being - Health Populi: […] increasingly, health insurance plan spon...
- Lose It! Does CES 2016 |: […] Health Populi: The Internet of Health Me...
- The Health Information Economy - Better With Patients - Health Populi: […] Populi’s Hot Points: The new hea...