The reputation of the pharma industry continues to lag behind other consumer-facing businesses, based on Harris Interactive’s latest survey into corporate reputations. The 9th annual Reputation Quotient survey is out. Technology is king; other industries, like airlines, consumer products, insurance/financial services, pharmaceutical and retail – have plummeted over the past two years, according to Harris […]
This week we’re blessed with two excellent new reports on health spending asking, do we get what we pay for? The answer is, well, sometimes — particularly when you follow the perverse incentives that lead you on the money trail of waste, ineffectiveness and, worst of all, poor health outcomes. PricewaterhouseCoopers‘ Health Research Institute and […]
Access to broadband is a health-y technology, according to Connected Nation, a non-profit organization with the mission of reducing the digital divide in America. Their goal: to ensure access to broadband across Kentucky, one of the most rural states in the U.S. “Our work improves the lives of people who were once left behind; renews […]
The latest Kaiser Family Foundation Health Tracking Poll is out, polled in the early part of June 2008. The chart on the right illustrates the trajectory of the economy and persistence of Iraq as top-of-mind voter issues, and the quick rise of gas prices just displacing health care as the third issue in voters’ minds. […]
Americans — both insured and uninsured people — are delaying health care due to cost and health-system challenges, according to the latest Tracking Report from the Center for Studying Health System Change (CSHSC). Delaying care is particularly acute for people who are in poor or fair health, and those with low-income. Here’s another example of […]
About Jane & Health Populi
Jane Sarasohn-Kahn is a health economist and management consultant that serves clients at the intersection of health and technology.
Her clients include all stakeholders in health, including providers, payors and plans; companies in biopharma, medical devices, financial services, technology and consumer goods; non-profits and NGOs. Jane's lens on health was best described by Dr. Regina Benjamin, U.S. Surgeon General, who says that health is where we live, work, play and pray.
California Healthcare Foundation White Papers
- Consumers blame insurance and pharma for health costs, but love their primary care doctors October 22, 2012
- Patients want online communication with doctors, and more clinicians are listening July 26, 2011
- ePatients: a connected, collaborative, creating community September 30, 2010
- Patients want to see the notes their doctors write about them: the power of transparency in health care October 2, 2012
- Digital health is hot at South-by-Southwest #SXSH March 7, 2014
- Risk-shift: employers continue to push more risk to employees and families for health costs March 7, 2014
- Employers spending more on wellness in 2014, with growing focus on food March 4, 2014
- HIMSS14 Monday Morning Quarterback – The Key Takeaways March 3, 2014
- HIMSS14 Monday Morning Quarterback – The Key Takeaways | Health Populi: […] economics in the U.S….and opportun...
- Cloud technology to propel growth in healthcare IT market By Dan Bowman | EIX System: […] a recent post to her Health Populi blog,...
- Hillary Clinton wows the HIMSS14 crowd of 20,000+ | Health Populi: […] pleasure of experiencing Bill Clinton...
- Laura Henze Russell: Best thing to do: get healthy, so you don't need ...