71% of Americans have cut household expenses as a result of the financial crisis in the U.S.,according to a new poll from BearingPoint, conducted by Zogby International. Here is more evidence that personal and family health decisions aren’t made in a vacuum separate from other household financial decisions: they’re part and parcel of the kitchen […]
More evidence on Americans, the economy and health behaviors from BearingPoint; remember that health is an asset
From Lasik surgery to prescription-filling, consumers are responding to the U.S. economic downturn — which may result in either rational or irrational health behavior, depending on your lens on “health.” Retailers of health products are responding to the economic environment, in part, by co-branding with health suppliers and plans to gain traction with consumers. A […]
We know the name of the 44th President of the United States: Barack Obama. As the next President’s supporter Oprah Winfrey is known to ask, “What do you know for sure?” When it comes to health, there are a few things we know about a President Obama.First and foremost, addressing challenges in U.S. health care […]
Go get your treats today while you make your way to the polls: Starbucks is offering free coffee, Dunkin‘ Donuts has star-shaped cakes, and Ben & Jerry’s will offer free scoops between 5 and 8 pm. While you’re enjoying some sweet stuff, ponder some important statistics on this Election Day 2008…. Toyota will probably be […]
Pre-Election Day, Health Looms Heavy on American Voters' Minds — but McCain Voters' Priorities Are Strikingly Different Than Obama Supporters
While the economy ranks as the #1 issue on American voters’ minds, it means way more to Obama voters (56%) than it does to McCain voters (40%).Health care, too, is a higher priority issue to Obama voters (14%) than to McCain voters (9%).The poll by Kaiser Family Foundation and Harvard School of Public Health, conducted […]
About Jane & Health Populi
Jane Sarasohn-Kahn is a health economist and management consultant that serves clients at the intersection of health and technology.
Her clients include all stakeholders in health, including providers, payors and plans; companies in biopharma, medical devices, financial services, technology and consumer goods; non-profits and NGOs. Jane's lens on health was best described by Dr. Regina Benjamin, U.S. Surgeon General, who says that health is where we live, work, play and pray.
California Healthcare Foundation White Papers
- Consumers blame insurance and pharma for health costs, but love their primary care doctors October 22, 2012
- Patients want online communication with doctors, and more clinicians are listening July 26, 2011
- ePatients: a connected, collaborative, creating community September 30, 2010
- Patients want to see the notes their doctors write about them: the power of transparency in health care October 2, 2012
- Pharma industry update – drug spending, R&D costs, generics, and Botox November 24, 2014
- Health insurance companies rank low on consumer experience November 20, 2014
- Digital and mobile health: can doctors and consumers get on the same wavelength? November 19, 2014
- Health care costs, access and Ebola – what’s on health care consumers’ minds November 17, 2014
- Digital and mobile health: can doctors and consumers get on the same wavelength? | Health Populi: […] complete picture of a patient’s li...
- Health-committed consumers look to food to be healthy, wealthy, and wise | Health Populi: […] list of promotions cited by Dunnhumby is...
- Retail M&A – How Do I Promote My Retail Enterprise? | Create Resumes | Find Jobs | FastJobz.Com: […] celebration. Whereas the prospect could ...
- Power to the health care consumer – but how much and when? | Health Populi: […] Health Market 2.0 world. This new revolu...