When it comes to health information, online trumps print. Online is the #1 source for health information among 83% of consumers; print attracts only 11% of people as the go-to source for health information. Broadcast is preferred by only 5% as the primary preferred health information source. Once online, it’s health-focused websites that get the […]
As we inevitably do this time of year, we prognosticate about the new year. This time around, it’s a toughie: there are too many uncertainties that preclude us from doing a straight-line forecast for 2009, especially in health and health care.Here are some trends and wild cards to keep in mind for 2009: the year […]
Regular readers of Health Populi know that I’m an avowed foodie (and a champagne-y, too), a longtime member of Slow Food, and adherent to the locavore movement as much as possible.When I mentioned making self-created carrot/zucchini/potato latkes on Twitter on Chanukah Eve this past Sunday afternoon, I received a request for this recipe from one […]
My annual forecast for health information technology in 2009 is up on iHealthBeat, the online publication of the California HealthCare Foundation that reports on the impact of technology on health care. Industry Predictions: What Are the Drivers Shaping Health Care IT in 2009? will tell you about the driving forces shaping health information technology for […]
1 in 2 older Americans use prescription drugs and over-the-counter products together. 4% of them are at-risk of adverse drug interaction.The potential for adverse reactions is substantial; nearly 30% of older adults take at least 5 Rx medications on a regular basis. Older people are the biggest consumers of prescription meds and thus are more […]
About Jane & Health Populi
Jane Sarasohn-Kahn is a health economist and management consultant that serves clients at the intersection of health and technology.
Her clients include all stakeholders in health, including providers, payors and plans; companies in biopharma, medical devices, financial services, technology and consumer goods; non-profits and NGOs. Jane's lens on health was best described by Dr. Regina Benjamin, U.S. Surgeon General, who says that health is where we live, work, play and pray.
California Healthcare Foundation White Papers
- Consumers blame insurance and pharma for health costs, but love their primary care doctors October 22, 2012
- Patients want online communication with doctors, and more clinicians are listening July 26, 2011
- ePatients: a connected, collaborative, creating community September 30, 2010
- Patients want to see the notes their doctors write about them: the power of transparency in health care October 2, 2012
- Learning from Mr. Spock and Leonard Nimoy about living long and prospering February 27, 2015
- Most people want to go digital for health – especially the un-well February 24, 2015
- A health agenda comes to the 2015 Oscars February 23, 2015
- Employers grow wellness programs, and ramp up support for fitness tech February 18, 2015
- Adam Trainor: Interesting data, and no surprise. Guilty as charg...
- Most people want to go digital for health – especially the un-well | Health Populi: […] We’ve covered previous Makovsky di...
- Most people want to go digital for health – especially the un-well | Health Populi: […] previous Makovsky digital health surveys...
- Marc: Customer service should be a standard part of heal...