53.1% of Americans believe that health care is a human right, according to a poll from Zogby International done in June 2009.This was one of a very long list of questions Zogby asked Americans during the week of 6/18 through 6/22/09. I’ve waded through 242 pages of a PDF file available from Zogby describing every […]
“This is the most significant economic crisis in the Internet era and a unique period of information seeking and communication.” This sentence sets the stage for the latest report from the Pew Internet & American Life Project which finds that 2 in 3 Americans have used the Internet in the past year to cope with […]
A snapshot of children’s health in America would reveal what all snapshots do: positive and negative spaces.On the positive side of the kids’ health ledger, the percent of children covered by health insurance increased from 87% in 2007 to 89% in 2008. Furthermore, the number of kids receiving recommended vaccines increased since 2002. And, heavy […]
As employers' health costs will grow 9% in 2010, the gap in employee wages vs. health costs will widen
Health care costs for employers who cover health insurance for workers will increase 9% in 2010 — well ahead of general price inflation and workers’ earnings. However, the recession will, “temper medical costs,” according to PricewaterhouseCoopers‘ Behind the numbers: Medical cost trends for 2010. With employers — that is, business and profits — taking it […]
Notwithstanding the promise of nearly $20 billion in stimulus funding to support the adoption of electronic health records, hospitals are between a rock and a hard place when it comes to laying out capital for HIT investments. Based on the latest Most Wired Hospitals survey, even the Most Wired among American hospitals have had to […]
About Jane & Health Populi
Jane Sarasohn-Kahn is a health economist and management consultant that serves clients at the intersection of health and technology.
Her clients include all stakeholders in health, including providers, payors and plans; companies in biopharma, medical devices, financial services, technology and consumer goods; non-profits and NGOs. Jane's lens on health was best described by Dr. Regina Benjamin, U.S. Surgeon General, who says that health is where we live, work, play and pray.
California Healthcare Foundation White Papers
- Consumers blame insurance and pharma for health costs, but love their primary care doctors October 22, 2012
- Patients want online communication with doctors, and more clinicians are listening July 26, 2011
- Patients want to see the notes their doctors write about them: the power of transparency in health care October 2, 2012
- ePatients: a connected, collaborative, creating community September 30, 2010
- Improving the Patient Experience in Legacy Health Systems – My Start-Up Health Interview February 5, 2016
- Building Health Bridges — Health:Further Goes Beyond the Disruptive February 4, 2016
- Welcome to the Era of Personal Health IT – a #HIMSS16 Preview February 3, 2016
- My Body, My Self – With My Physician, Say Patients February 2, 2016
- What We Missed at CES, Like the Personalized Cappucino: […] go, I was reliant on emissaries to tell ...
- It's Good to Be Hawaiian When It Comes to Health - the 2015 States of Well-Being - Health Populi: […] increasingly, health insurance plan spon...
- Lose It! Does CES 2016 |: […] Health Populi: The Internet of Health Me...
- The Health Information Economy - Better With Patients - Health Populi: […] Populi’s Hot Points: The new hea...