Is Clayton Christensen right? On April 8, 2009, the Disruptive Harvard Professor was interviewed in Harvard Business School’s Working Knowledge saying that Personal Electronic Health Records (PEHRs) can, “help us manage our own health care” and be “transformative in lots of unexpected ways.” By his definition in The Innovator’s Prescription, a disruptive innovation transforms a […]
Every 1 additional prescription per 100 that is filled with a generic Rx in the Rochester NY region yields $82 million in annual cost savings to the community: specifically, to employers, consumers and health plans. The Blue Cross Blue Shield Association presented findings from a survey and featured best practices from member plans in a […]
It was the best of times, and the worst of times. Well, perhaps not the worst, but a time to pause and reflect on the power and the money. Thus I turn to a Tale of Two Cities. As I depart Chicago and the 47th annual conference of the Healthcare Information and Management Systems […]
Clay Shirkey wrote the book, Here Comes Everybody, and yesterday he focused his theme on ‘Here Comes Every Patient.’ Shirkey’s theme is that “everybody” — from my 12 year old daughter and her Gen X/Gen Y mentors, to the 80-year old grandma who Googles — is pressuring institutions and organizations to deal with them on […]
If it’s April in Chicago and it’s snowing it must be HIMSS. Say, what? Usually the annual meeting of the Healthcare Information and Management Systems Society (HIMSS) is held in February in some lovely southern climate, like Florida, Georgia or Southern California. This year, the HIMSS organizers thought they’d try out the association’s home base […]
About Jane & Health Populi
Jane Sarasohn-Kahn is a health economist and management consultant that serves clients at the intersection of health and technology.
Her clients include all stakeholders in health, including providers, payors and plans; companies in biopharma, medical devices, financial services, technology and consumer goods; non-profits and NGOs. Jane's lens on health was best described by Dr. Regina Benjamin, U.S. Surgeon General, who says that health is where we live, work, play and pray.
California Healthcare Foundation White Papers
- Consumers blame insurance and pharma for health costs, but love their primary care doctors October 22, 2012
- Patients want online communication with doctors, and more clinicians are listening July 26, 2011
- Patients want to see the notes their doctors write about them: the power of transparency in health care October 2, 2012
- ePatients: a connected, collaborative, creating community September 30, 2010
- From the Magnificent Mile to the Country Mile – Wearable Tech On Main Street September 1, 2015
- The Rise And Fall Of Wearables? August 31, 2015
- There’s more to taste: a marketing lesson for health/care from a coffee ad August 27, 2015
- Coverage and price before brand for health plan shoppers August 26, 2015
- Mighty Casey: As much as I applaud Theranos' decision to open a...
- Tim Dodge: I wrote a blog post a few years ago about the lack...
- ÿþT: ÿþI...
- Cancer Treatment Out of Reach even with Insurance | Catherine-Morgan.com: […] From Health Populi – The Cost of C...