As the Internet disrupted health care information in the late 1990s through the 2000s, watch out for the phone to make the health world flat, taking off from Tom Friedman’s phrasing about The World. There are parts of the world using simple SMS text messaging in public health: to enable peoples’ positive health behaviors. In […]
1 in 4 people with chronic conditions (25%) are delaying care. The percent of people delaying care is even higher for Baby Boomer women (39%) and Latinos (43%). Delaying care crosses all income groups; 22% of people with household incomes of at least $50,000 also delay care. In “Re-Forming Health Care: Americans Speak Out about […]
Even though profitability for American business will be elusive in 2009, many employers are increasing employee wellness programs — and not cutting budgets for these programs. According to Buck Consultants’ survey, employers can find that wellness programs actually help employees deal with the very issues that the economic downturn creates. Since the beginning of the […]
A few more consumers are engaging with their health and health care system, according to Deloitte’s second survey into health care consumers in the U.S. Perhaps that’s because 9 in 10 Americans believe that health care costs are a threat to their personal financial security — regardless of whether they have health insurance or whether […]
Don’t assume that State Medicaid programs will cover the vulnerable populations this and next year. Even with the stimulus funding provided in ARRA, Governors will be hard-pressed to cover all of the growing demands for health care among citizens in their states. Governors’ budgets are severely constrained due to declining tax receipts and increasing financial […]
About Jane & Health Populi
Jane Sarasohn-Kahn is a health economist and management consultant that serves clients at the intersection of health and technology.
Her clients include all stakeholders in health, including providers, payors and plans; companies in biopharma, medical devices, financial services, technology and consumer goods; non-profits and NGOs. Jane's lens on health was best described by Dr. Regina Benjamin, U.S. Surgeon General, who says that health is where we live, work, play and pray.
California Healthcare Foundation White Papers
- Consumers blame insurance and pharma for health costs, but love their primary care doctors October 22, 2012
- Patients want online communication with doctors, and more clinicians are listening July 26, 2011
- Patients want to see the notes their doctors write about them: the power of transparency in health care October 2, 2012
- ePatients: a connected, collaborative, creating community September 30, 2010
- It’s My Body And I’ll Test If I Want To July 30, 2015
- Medicare Makes the Case for Outcomes, As Increasing Costs Loom July 29, 2015
- Beauty, Health and Power July 27, 2015
- Health Politics – Learning From History in Art from the Reagan/AIDS Era July 24, 2015
- Tim Dodge: I wrote a blog post a few years ago about the lack...
- ÿþT: ÿþI...
- Cancer Treatment Out of Reach even with Insurance | Catherine-Morgan.com: […] From Health Populi – The Cost of C...
- Analytics in Cloud Heals Healthcare's Ills: […] wage increases – and 40 percent of pri...