Health care and security top money when it comes to American workers’ priorities, according to a new survey from The Center for State and Local Government Excellence. The report, Security: what Americans want from a job, examines 15 job characteristics: among them, 84% of Americans rate “the health insurance plan” as the #1 aspect of [...]
Pharmaceutical companies spend twice as much money on marketing as they do on research and development, according to a new study published in PLoS Medicine, an online peer-reviewed journal. According to the study, U.S. drug companies spent $57.5 billion on marketing versus $31.5 billion on R&D, in 2004.The chart on the right details the researchers’ [...]
An outstanding commentary in this week’s Journal of the American Medical Association succinctly traces the history of U.S. health care in the context of “market justice.” Peter Budetti, MD, PhD, who teaches health policy at the University of Oklahoma, observes, “Fragmented and struggling to come to terms with externally imposed pressures, medicine is losing both [...]
The latest Associated Press-Yahoo News poll, published just days before the Iowa and New Hampshire presidential races, shows Americans more concerned about health care and the economy than the Iraq War. US presidential politics in 2008 may turn into a classic race between guns and butter. For the next president, addressing health care is Job [...]
I “leave” you for the year with some great, good, and less-than-sanguine expectations for health care in 2008. These are views filtered through my lens on the health care world: the new consumer, health information technology, globalization, politics, and health economics. Health politics shares the stage with Iraq. Health care is second only to Iraq [...]
About Jane & Health Populi
Jane Sarasohn-Kahn is a health economist and management consultant that serves clients at the intersection of health and technology.
Her clients include all stakeholders in health, including providers, payors and plans; companies in biopharma, medical devices, financial services, technology and consumer goods; non-profits and NGOs. Jane's lens on health was best described by Dr. Regina Benjamin, U.S. Surgeon General, who says that health is where we live, work, play and pray.
California Healthcare Foundation White Papers
- Consumers blame insurance and pharma for health costs, but love their primary care doctors October 22, 2012
- Patients want online communication with doctors, and more clinicians are listening July 26, 2011
- ePatients: a connected, collaborative, creating community September 30, 2010
- Patients want to see the notes their doctors write about them: the power of transparency in health care October 2, 2012
- The health and wellness gap between insured and uninsured people May 24, 2013
- Health care costs for a family of 4 in 2013: a college education, a diamond or a 4-door sedan May 22, 2013
- Most employers will provide health insurance benefits in 2014…with more costs for employees May 21, 2013
- Angelina and Abercrombie: connecting the dots for healthy body image May 17, 2013
- Needed: A Health System for Adults – Forbes | World News: [...] the government and the lifestyle/behavior of...
- Marketing Digital Health to Mom 2.0 on Mother’s Day 2013 | The Doctor Weighs In: [...] Posted at Health Populi on [...]...
- Marketing Digital Health to Mom 2.0 on Mother’s Day 2013 | Health Populi: [...] Populi’s Hot Points: With digital hea...
- Americans feeling more financially insecure | The Doctor Weighs In: [...] By Jane Sarasohn-Kahn [...]...