There are some 40 million dues-paying members of the AARP, whose minimum age of membership is 50. AARP has found its constituents vary little from young’uns when it comes to online social networking, gaming, and news access. The headline here is that both 50+ and under 20s feel their online social communities are important — […]
In the further morphing of health services into consumer products, people want to personalize health plans. Deloitte has further sliced and diced the findings of The 2008 Survey of Health Care Consumers, which I wrote about in Health Populi here on 21st February 2008. I really appreciate Deloitte’s consumer segmentation, which attempts to get at […]
“Patients are a largely untapped resource of medical data,” according to Farzad Mostashari, MD, MSPH, assistant commissioner with the New York City Department of Health and Mental Hygiene. One of the biggest challenges in implementing a personal health record (PHR) is how to get a person’s health data into the record. The solution lies in […]
Consumers, employers, payers and providers agree that information flows are critical to helping stem health care costs. While there is shared concern about health care costs, there is also a shared desire for more, accessible information and better online tools for managing it. TriZetto‘s report, Research Shows Healthcare Market Constituents Seek Information as Key to […]
“The paths of healthcare systems in many countries are increasingly unsustainable.” This judgment provides the context for a new report from IBM in its Healthcare 2015 series, Healthcare 2015 and care delivery: delivery models refined, competencies defined.“Unsustainability” in health care comes in the guises of health cost growth, quality problems and preventable errors, lack of […]
About Jane & Health Populi
Jane Sarasohn-Kahn is a health economist and management consultant that serves clients at the intersection of health and technology.
Her clients include all stakeholders in health, including providers, payors and plans; companies in biopharma, medical devices, financial services, technology and consumer goods; non-profits and NGOs. Jane's lens on health was best described by Dr. Regina Benjamin, U.S. Surgeon General, who says that health is where we live, work, play and pray.
California Healthcare Foundation White Papers
- Consumers blame insurance and pharma for health costs, but love their primary care doctors October 22, 2012
- Patients want online communication with doctors, and more clinicians are listening July 26, 2011
- ePatients: a connected, collaborative, creating community September 30, 2010
- Patients want to see the notes their doctors write about them: the power of transparency in health care October 2, 2012
- Digital health is hot at South-by-Southwest #SXSH March 7, 2014
- Risk-shift: employers continue to push more risk to employees and families for health costs March 7, 2014
- Employers spending more on wellness in 2014, with growing focus on food March 4, 2014
- HIMSS14 Monday Morning Quarterback – The Key Takeaways March 3, 2014
- HIMSS14 Monday Morning Quarterback – The Key Takeaways | Health Populi: […] economics in the U.S….and opportun...
- Cloud technology to propel growth in healthcare IT market By Dan Bowman | EIX System: […] a recent post to her Health Populi blog,...
- Hillary Clinton wows the HIMSS14 crowd of 20,000+ | Health Populi: […] pleasure of experiencing Bill Clinton...
- Laura Henze Russell: Best thing to do: get healthy, so you don't need ...