Health care costs for employers who cover health insurance for workers will increase 9% in 2010 — well ahead of general price inflation and workers’ earnings. However, the recession will, “temper medical costs,” according to PricewaterhouseCoopers‘ Behind the numbers: Medical cost trends for 2010. With employers — that is, business and profits — taking it […]
As employers' health costs will grow 9% in 2010, the gap in employee wages vs. health costs will widen
Notwithstanding the promise of nearly $20 billion in stimulus funding to support the adoption of electronic health records, hospitals are between a rock and a hard place when it comes to laying out capital for HIT investments. Based on the latest Most Wired Hospitals survey, even the Most Wired among American hospitals have had to […]
55% of Americans search user-generated health content, including: 36% who look for health information on Wikipedia 36% who read online health forums and message boards 27% who read health blogs. The content is useful, too: 57% of people who used it said their online searching led to productive conversations with their physicians. So finds the […]
We’re #1! is a cheer usually reserved for a point of pride: for a class valedictorian, perhaps, or a winning ball team. But in the game of health economics, being #1 isn’t something to be proud of when the investment doesn’t net out to a reasonable return. The 2009 OECD Health Data set is […]
Most employers aren’t in a hurry to rush Big Health Reform, according to a survey from Mercer, the benefits consultants. Walmart is the exception, only one of the 11% of employers who support broad-based reform, based on the company’s statement of July 1, 2009.Walmart surprised many analysts with its strong endorsement of Big Reform, which […]
About Jane & Health Populi
Jane Sarasohn-Kahn is a health economist and management consultant that serves clients at the intersection of health and technology.
Her clients include all stakeholders in health, including providers, payors and plans; companies in biopharma, medical devices, financial services, technology and consumer goods; non-profits and NGOs. Jane's lens on health was best described by Dr. Regina Benjamin, U.S. Surgeon General, who says that health is where we live, work, play and pray.
California Healthcare Foundation White Papers
- Consumers blame insurance and pharma for health costs, but love their primary care doctors October 22, 2012
- Patients want online communication with doctors, and more clinicians are listening July 26, 2011
- Patients want to see the notes their doctors write about them: the power of transparency in health care October 2, 2012
- ePatients: a connected, collaborative, creating community September 30, 2010
- Health Consumers Look For Cost and Convenience February 10, 2016
- Rural Hospitals in America – Health Disparities, Hospital Disparities February 9, 2016
- Improving the Patient Experience in Legacy Health Systems – My Start-Up Health Interview February 5, 2016
- Building Health Bridges — Health:Further Goes Beyond the Disruptive February 4, 2016
- Improving the Patient Experience in Legacy Health Systems - My Start-Up Health Interview - Health Populi: […] Here’s the video…which cover...
- Baby Tech Summit - The Consumer Health Electronics Show – Putting People At the Center: […] As we concluded our panel on The Wizards...
- Welcome to the Era of Personal Health IT - a #HIMSS16 Preview - Health Populi: […] People In Consumer-Directed Health Plans...
- Welcome to the Era of Personal Health IT - a #HIMSS16 Preview - Health Populi: […] More Consumers Expect a Connected Health...