It’s a 50/50 America again. This time, half of us are thriving, and half of us are struggling.News of that Great American Chasm is brought to you by the Gallup-Healthways Wellbeing Index. I wrote about The Gallup-Healthways Wellbeing Index in March here when the project was first announced. The profile of the collective American mind-body-spirit […]
I had an unsettling conversation yesterday with someone in-the-know about consumer credit markets. Consumer credit covers everything from credit cards to auto and home equity loans. The expert expects that a deepening consumer credit crisis will loom until late in 2010. Food and credit card debt are seen as a “serious problem” by 18% of […]
People trust health insurance companies to hold their health spending information more than they trust banks, according to a survey from Medavante. In Cure the Confusion: The Consumer Experience of Online Healthcare, Medavante found that consumers perceived that health plans have less bias than financial institutions. Yet, 80 million Americans bank online. Still, trust in […]
The demand for health care appears to be somewhat elastic….in economic terms. We economists define a good or service as elastic when the quantity demanded changes with a change in the price. This is happening to demand for Lasik surgery, a topic covered in the 24 April 08 New York Times. Data demonstrating the phenomenon […]
People — citizens, patients, caregivers, “consumers” — are early adopters of social media in health, compared to other industry stakeholders including providers, plans, payers, and suppliers such as pharmas and medical equipment companies.This is but one of many findings in my report, The Wisdom of Patients, which was published yesterday by the California HealthCare Foundation.The […]
About Jane & Health Populi
Jane Sarasohn-Kahn is a health economist and management consultant that serves clients at the intersection of health and technology.
Her clients include all stakeholders in health, including providers, payors and plans; companies in biopharma, medical devices, financial services, technology and consumer goods; non-profits and NGOs. Jane's lens on health was best described by Dr. Regina Benjamin, U.S. Surgeon General, who says that health is where we live, work, play and pray.
California Healthcare Foundation White Papers
- Consumers blame insurance and pharma for health costs, but love their primary care doctors October 22, 2012
- Patients want online communication with doctors, and more clinicians are listening July 26, 2011
- ePatients: a connected, collaborative, creating community September 30, 2010
- Patients want to see the notes their doctors write about them: the power of transparency in health care October 2, 2012
- Doctor respect, nurse trust – the yin/yang of team-based care December 18, 2013
- Supermarkets and hospitals most-trusted industries in the U.S. December 17, 2013
- Nurses are the most-trusted professionals in America December 16, 2013
- Don’t over-forecast mobile health in the short-run December 11, 2013
- Kim Schure: I just wish nurses were cared for as much as the p...
- Doctor respect, nurse trust – the yin/yang of team-based care | Health Populi: […] the most trusted professionals in Americ...
- Ted: A always thought Firefighters were the top on othe...
- Mark: This trust for both hospitals and nurses is a gift...