“Opening up the health insurance market to more vigorous nationwide competition, as we have done over the last decade in banking, would provide more choices of innovative products less burdened by the worst excesses of state-based regulation,” writes John McCain in an article in Contingencies magazine, dated September/October 2008. His article is entitled, Better Care […]
Over 20 million American households are now wireless-only when it comes to phone connections. Nielsen’s paper, Call My Cell: Wireless Substitution in the United States, quantifies the growth of households who are abandoning landline phones in favor of wireless. Nielsen attributes the recent growth in this untethered segment to home economics, where the average landline […]
If employers got their collective hands on Aladdin’s lamp, they’d wish for: Increased employee accountability Reduced health risks Tailored health management programs that account for risk Health data and measurement tools that feed into analytics and outcomes measures, and Integrated and well-managed benefits and programs. These wishes are brought to you by Hewitt Associates’ 2008 […]
A lack of time and rising costs are obstacles to Americans getting healthy, according to Amway‘s Global Wellness Index.This project joins a growing roster of “indices” that seek to measure Americans’ health and wellbeing. One example in this space is the Gallup-Healthways Index that I wrote about here in Health Populi on March 13, 2008.This […]
Corporate executives are concerned about three main issues when it comes to health care: 1. Maintaining ERISA’s national standards, 2. Focusing on health care quality and cost, and3. Worrying about negative impacts of changing tax treatment for employer health benefits.The Miller & Chevalier/American Benefits Council Corporate Health Care Policy Forecast surveyed American employers in August […]
About Jane & Health Populi
Jane Sarasohn-Kahn is a health economist and management consultant that serves clients at the intersection of health and technology.
Her clients include all stakeholders in health, including providers, payors and plans; companies in biopharma, medical devices, financial services, technology and consumer goods; non-profits and NGOs. Jane's lens on health was best described by Dr. Regina Benjamin, U.S. Surgeon General, who says that health is where we live, work, play and pray.
California Healthcare Foundation White Papers
- Consumers blame insurance and pharma for health costs, but love their primary care doctors October 22, 2012
- Patients want online communication with doctors, and more clinicians are listening July 26, 2011
- ePatients: a connected, collaborative, creating community September 30, 2010
- Patients want to see the notes their doctors write about them: the power of transparency in health care October 2, 2012
- Health on the 2014 Gartner Hype Cycle September 2, 2014
- NephCure – a rare disease community that’s patient-powered August 27, 2014
- Understanding the patient journey – using real-world data August 25, 2014
- Health economics in the exam room: doctors and patients discussing the costs of health care August 22, 2014
- Dynamic Journey Mapping and P2P | Enabling Healthy Decisions: […] sources for analysis and insights. I t...
- Book: My Healthcare Is Killing Me | Enabling Healthy Decisions: […] Change Healthcare, you should look at th...
- Thought Leader Fridays: Aug 22nd | MedNexus: […] One of the things we take for granted: O...
- Understanding the patient journey – using real-world data | Health Populi: […] about “patient affordability”...