Getting access to physicians’ opinions is Big Business. Now, institutional investors will have access to the brains of doctors through a relationship between Goldman Sachs and Epocrates, the point-of-care health information company. Why is this so important? Because the health sector in the U.S. is now valued at over $2 trillion, according to a new [...]
However you might “Brangelina” up the name — call it Zagthem or Angat — Zagat has met up with Anthem Blue Cross and Blue Shield to create a consumer-oriented guide to physicians. The tool is now live and free to access for members of the Lumenos plan in Cincinnati and Dayton, as well as in [...]
Break out the Bordeaux and eat those escargots: France ranks first in preventing deaths, according to a new study from The Commonwealth Fund. Compared to 19 industrialized countries, the US ranks dead (pardon the pun) last. The top three nations who do best at preventing death are France, Japan and Australia. The study in Health [...]
Health care and security top money when it comes to American workers’ priorities, according to a new survey from The Center for State and Local Government Excellence. The report, Security: what Americans want from a job, examines 15 job characteristics: among them, 84% of Americans rate “the health insurance plan” as the #1 aspect of [...]
Pharmaceutical companies spend twice as much money on marketing as they do on research and development, according to a new study published in PLoS Medicine, an online peer-reviewed journal. According to the study, U.S. drug companies spent $57.5 billion on marketing versus $31.5 billion on R&D, in 2004.The chart on the right details the researchers’ [...]
About Jane & Health Populi
Jane Sarasohn-Kahn is a health economist and management consultant that serves clients at the intersection of health and technology.
Her clients include all stakeholders in health, including providers, payors and plans; companies in biopharma, medical devices, financial services, technology and consumer goods; non-profits and NGOs. Jane's lens on health was best described by Dr. Regina Benjamin, U.S. Surgeon General, who says that health is where we live, work, play and pray.
California Healthcare Foundation White Papers
- Consumers blame insurance and pharma for health costs, but love their primary care doctors October 22, 2012
- Patients want online communication with doctors, and more clinicians are listening July 26, 2011
- ePatients: a connected, collaborative, creating community September 30, 2010
- Patients want to see the notes their doctors write about them: the power of transparency in health care October 2, 2012
- As Account-Based Health Plans Grow, Will Americans Save More in Health Accounts? June 17, 2013
- The part-time medical home: retail health clinics June 13, 2013
- The emerging economy for consumer health and wellness June 12, 2013
- Consumer-directed health isn’t always so healthy June 10, 2013
- The part-time medical home: retail health clinics | Retail Healthcare News: [...] Read the entire article here. [...]...
- The emerging economy for consumer health and wellness | Health Populi: [...] on wellness as a cost-bending strategy ̵...
- Davis Liu, MD: Largely predictable that consumer driven health ca...
- Consumer-directed health isn’t always so healthy | The Doctor Weighs In: [...] By Jane Sarasohn-Kahn [...]...