While the economy ranks as the #1 issue on American voters’ minds, it means way more to Obama voters (56%) than it does to McCain voters (40%).Health care, too, is a higher priority issue to Obama voters (14%) than to McCain voters (9%).The poll by Kaiser Family Foundation and Harvard School of Public Health, conducted […]
Pre-Election Day, Health Looms Heavy on American Voters' Minds — but McCain Voters' Priorities Are Strikingly Different Than Obama Supporters
The three reasons why health spending is higher in the U.S. than in any other country are: prices, inefficiency, and insurance administration. Medical technology and obesity are key cost drivers. Malpractice costs and demographic shifts are not (these add to overall costs but not as significantly to cost increases as tech, obesity, prices, inefficiency, and […]
The U.S. pharmaceutical market is slow-growth for 2009, according to IMS Health. The company forecasts a tiny 1-2% growth rate for the next year. The data point comes from IMS’s annual Global Pharmaceutical and Therapy Forecast. The U.S. market for pharmaceuticals will be worth about $300 bn in 2009. What’s slowing growth prospects […]
Johnson & Johnson (J&J) has acquired the online health coaching company, HealthMedia. This will move the health supply company up the health care value chain further into the provision of health services. Nine years ago, I teamed with a Big Pharma on a scenario planning exercise about consumers and health care. One of our scenarios […]
“The health care buffet is over,” according to Christopher Parks of change:healthcare, who spoke at last week’s Health 2.0 Conference. There’s evidence that Americans have been adapting to an à la carte health world. While there actually is a company called à la carte health care, part of Allianz, the global insurance company, I’m not […]
About Jane & Health Populi
Jane Sarasohn-Kahn is a health economist and management consultant that serves clients at the intersection of health and technology.
Her clients include all stakeholders in health, including providers, payors and plans; companies in biopharma, medical devices, financial services, technology and consumer goods; non-profits and NGOs. Jane's lens on health was best described by Dr. Regina Benjamin, U.S. Surgeon General, who says that health is where we live, work, play and pray.
California Healthcare Foundation White Papers
- Consumers blame insurance and pharma for health costs, but love their primary care doctors October 22, 2012
- Patients want online communication with doctors, and more clinicians are listening July 26, 2011
- ePatients: a connected, collaborative, creating community September 30, 2010
- Patients want to see the notes their doctors write about them: the power of transparency in health care October 2, 2012
- Health IT Forecast for 2015 – Consumers Pushing for Healthcare Transformation December 17, 2014
- Women are natural disruptors for health December 11, 2014
- Irrational exuberance in mobile health? Live from the mHealth Summit 2014 December 9, 2014
- Self-care is the new black in health care December 5, 2014
- Digital and mobile health: can doctors and consumers get on the same wavelength? | Health Populi: […] complete picture of a patient’s li...
- Health-committed consumers look to food to be healthy, wealthy, and wise | Health Populi: […] list of promotions cited by Dunnhumby is...
- Retail M&A – How Do I Promote My Retail Enterprise? | Create Resumes | Find Jobs | FastJobz.Com: […] celebration. Whereas the prospect could ...
- Power to the health care consumer – but how much and when? | Health Populi: […] Health Market 2.0 world. This new revolu...