“A nation that continues year after year to spend more money on military defense than on programs of social uplift is approaching spiritual doom.” So spoke Martin Luther King, Jr. on April 4, 1967 — one year before his assassination. In this week that’s sure to be inspirational and aspirational, I ponder Dr. King […]
The economy, the economy, and the economy — and a dash of Iraq and health care — are on American citizens’ minds when it comes to what they want President Obama to address when he takes office.Kaiser Family Foundation (KFF) and the Harvard School of Public Health (HSPH) have come together once again — as […]
“People who are underinsured end up facing almost identical problems as the uninsured. The difference is, they paid for the privilege.”This observation by Karen Pollitz, director of the Health Policy Institute at Georgetown University, is a harbinger of what will happen very quickly among workers in the U.S. in 2009 — employed and laid-off.Three pieces […]
There are ten New Rules of health engagement, according to the health communications guress Nancy Turett at Edelman:1 Provide deep content.2 Be transparent.3 Inform in real time.4 Participate actively in conversations across multiple channels.5 Engage in prevention, chronic health problems and access to health care.6 Take a holistic approach to health and well-being.7 Address people’s […]
About 60% of Americans receive health insurance through their employers. Employers should continue to be the platform on which health benefits are provided in America, according to the American Benefits Council. In its report, Condition Critical: Ten Prescriptions for Reforming Health Care Quality, Cost and Coverage, the Council offers ten maxims it believes will bolster […]
About Jane & Health Populi
Jane Sarasohn-Kahn is a health economist and management consultant that serves clients at the intersection of health and technology.
Her clients include all stakeholders in health, including providers, payors and plans; companies in biopharma, medical devices, financial services, technology and consumer goods; non-profits and NGOs. Jane's lens on health was best described by Dr. Regina Benjamin, U.S. Surgeon General, who says that health is where we live, work, play and pray.
California Healthcare Foundation White Papers
- Consumers blame insurance and pharma for health costs, but love their primary care doctors October 22, 2012
- Patients want online communication with doctors, and more clinicians are listening July 26, 2011
- Patients want to see the notes their doctors write about them: the power of transparency in health care October 2, 2012
- ePatients: a connected, collaborative, creating community September 30, 2010
- No relief for consumers’ healthcare costs April 23, 2015
- It’s a retail health world: consumers at the helm of health/care April 21, 2015
- Hillary and George at HIMSS15 April 16, 2015
- Health = love. Care = love. Healthcare? Meh April 15, 2015
- HIMSS15: The Patient Takes Center Stage: […] of Health IT in the Department of Health...
- It’s a retail health world: consumers at the helm of health/care | FBBHUB: […] Populi’s Hot Points: As consumers ...
- Afterthoughts from HIMSS 15 - HIE Answers: […] Jane Sarasohn-Kahn – Health = love...
- It’s a retail health world: consumers at the helm of health/care | Health Populi: […] consumers continue to evolve as homo inf...