‘Tis the season of health data projects. First, The State of the USA. There are 20 critical data points you need to know to understand, and then improve, the health of the U.S. A new and expansive data collection effort is underway that will inventory the most credible of these indicators so we have a […]
There is very little cushion in family budgets for health care costs — even for families with insurance coverage. So says the Center for Studying Health System Change (CSHSC), which regular Health Populi readers know is one of my most valued sources on information on the microeconomy of health in the U.S.CSHSC’s latest Issue Brief […]
Globally, the banking industry is in a deep funk. From enduring $billion exposures due to Mr. Madoff’s Ponzi scheme to exorcising bad debt, defaulted mortgages, and shedding employees, it appears that banking isn’t the business to be in for the moment. There is a hopeful growth area in banking, though — it’s health care. As […]
There is good news and bad news in the rich data mine that is the latest version of Manhattan Research’s Cybercitizen Health survey. On the positive side of eHealth, the number of Americans who are seeking health information online has more than doubled since 2002. On the downside, nearly 40 million Americans did not fill […]
Call it the health insurance Blue-tique. Highmark Blue Cross Blue Shield is opening storefronts in shopping malls to talk health insurance. Highmark Direct will be the name on the front of this store, whose mission it will be to meet with sales staff from the insurance company to learn more about health insurance options […]
About Jane & Health Populi
Jane Sarasohn-Kahn is a health economist and management consultant that serves clients at the intersection of health and technology.
Her clients include all stakeholders in health, including providers, payors and plans; companies in biopharma, medical devices, financial services, technology and consumer goods; non-profits and NGOs. Jane's lens on health was best described by Dr. Regina Benjamin, U.S. Surgeon General, who says that health is where we live, work, play and pray.
California Healthcare Foundation White Papers
- Consumers blame insurance and pharma for health costs, but love their primary care doctors October 22, 2012
- Patients want online communication with doctors, and more clinicians are listening July 26, 2011
- Patients want to see the notes their doctors write about them: the power of transparency in health care October 2, 2012
- ePatients: a connected, collaborative, creating community September 30, 2010
- Transparency in health care: not all consumers want to look March 24, 2015
- The Affordable Care Act As New-Business Creator March 19, 2015
- What Mavis Staples taught us about health at SXSW March 17, 2015
- Health is a growth industry at SXSW March 16, 2015
- News Round Up – July 20 | Dr Nick van Terheyden: […] This review of Kaiser’s myHealthMa...
- andrew Stoll: Have you ever heard of Smart Choice MRI? They are...
- Honor Spock’s Logic – Follow the Science | Dr Nick van Terheyden: […] my good Friend Jane Sarasohn-Kahn highli...
- The Affordable Care Act As New-Business Creator | Health Populi: […] consumers take on more financial risk in...