Gallup‘s latest poll of Americans’ top health concerns survey are firmly focused on access and cost. This has been true for each of the last seven years that Gallup has conducted this survey. These data echo the findings of Kaiser Family Foundation‘s last health tracking poll for the 2008 election season from October 2008.But there […]
Americans still believe access and cost and the two key health concerns – but paradox between government vs. private
Nearly 1 in 2 women delayed health care in the past year due to costs – the economic impact on a woman’s physical, emotional, and fiscal health
Nearly 1 in 2 women put off seeking health care because the cost was too high. The kinds of services delayed included visits to the doctor, medical procedures, and filling prescription medications. The fourth annual T.A.L.K. Survey was released this week by the National Women’s Health Resource Center (NWHRC), focusing on the declining economy and […]
We’re in a recession; actually, we’ve been in one for the past year, but no official agency decided to tell us. Perhaps “they” wanted to wait until after the November ’08 Presidential election? The declaration of recession is the official news from The National Bureau of Economic Research (NBER), whose mind-numbingly-titled press release, Determination […]
The concept of “cyberchondria” is not new. My first exposure to the term was through a study by Harris Interactive in 2002 which conducted a global cyberchondria study comparing health citizens online in the France, Germany, Japan and the U.S. The study defined cyberchrondriacs as “people who use the Internet for health purposes.” Harris’s poll […]
In this season of thanks, I am thankful to my wonderful parents, Chuck and Polly Sarasohn. They both had challenging end-of-life struggles — Dad in 2007, and Mom in 1979. I highlighted Dad’s unfortunate experience with an overlooked DNR order while in a congestive heart failure inpatient unit in an iHealthBeat column, Digital Diretives Could […]
About Jane & Health Populi
Jane Sarasohn-Kahn is a health economist and management consultant that serves clients at the intersection of health and technology.
Her clients include all stakeholders in health, including providers, payors and plans; companies in biopharma, medical devices, financial services, technology and consumer goods; non-profits and NGOs. Jane's lens on health was best described by Dr. Regina Benjamin, U.S. Surgeon General, who says that health is where we live, work, play and pray.
California Healthcare Foundation White Papers
- Consumers blame insurance and pharma for health costs, but love their primary care doctors October 22, 2012
- Patients want online communication with doctors, and more clinicians are listening July 26, 2011
- ePatients: a connected, collaborative, creating community September 30, 2010
- Patients want to see the notes their doctors write about them: the power of transparency in health care October 2, 2012
- Learning from Mr. Spock and Leonard Nimoy about living long and prospering February 27, 2015
- Most people want to go digital for health – especially the un-well February 24, 2015
- A health agenda comes to the 2015 Oscars February 23, 2015
- Employers grow wellness programs, and ramp up support for fitness tech February 18, 2015
- Adam Trainor: Interesting data, and no surprise. Guilty as charg...
- Most people want to go digital for health – especially the un-well | Health Populi: […] We’ve covered previous Makovsky di...
- Most people want to go digital for health – especially the un-well | Health Populi: […] previous Makovsky digital health surveys...
- Marc: Customer service should be a standard part of heal...