If employers got their collective hands on Aladdin’s lamp, they’d wish for: Increased employee accountability Reduced health risks Tailored health management programs that account for risk Health data and measurement tools that feed into analytics and outcomes measures, and Integrated and well-managed benefits and programs. These wishes are brought to you by Hewitt Associates’ 2008 […]
A lack of time and rising costs are obstacles to Americans getting healthy, according to Amway‘s Global Wellness Index.This project joins a growing roster of “indices” that seek to measure Americans’ health and wellbeing. One example in this space is the Gallup-Healthways Index that I wrote about here in Health Populi on March 13, 2008.This […]
Corporate executives are concerned about three main issues when it comes to health care: 1. Maintaining ERISA’s national standards, 2. Focusing on health care quality and cost, and3. Worrying about negative impacts of changing tax treatment for employer health benefits.The Miller & Chevalier/American Benefits Council Corporate Health Care Policy Forecast surveyed American employers in August […]
If you watched any TV over the weekend, especially during the Sunday morning news shows between 9 am and noon, you heard the use of the word “change” about a hundred times from both John McCain’s and Barack Obama’s campaign ads. As Joe Biden has implored in various speeches…”Enough!” It’s not about change, guys. It’s […]
Over the past couple of weeks, the eHealth world learned that RevolutionHealth engaged Morgan Stanley, the investment bank, to help assess the company’s ‘alternatives.’ The early talk was to raise capital, but the tenor seems to have switched to sales or merging. One talked-about suitor for Steve Case’s start-up is Everyday Health. This news comes […]
About Jane & Health Populi
Jane Sarasohn-Kahn is a health economist and management consultant that serves clients at the intersection of health and technology.
Her clients include all stakeholders in health, including providers, payors and plans; companies in biopharma, medical devices, financial services, technology and consumer goods; non-profits and NGOs. Jane's lens on health was best described by Dr. Regina Benjamin, U.S. Surgeon General, who says that health is where we live, work, play and pray.
California Healthcare Foundation White Papers
- Consumers blame insurance and pharma for health costs, but love their primary care doctors October 22, 2012
- Patients want online communication with doctors, and more clinicians are listening July 26, 2011
- ePatients: a connected, collaborative, creating community September 30, 2010
- Patients want to see the notes their doctors write about them: the power of transparency in health care October 2, 2012
- Activity tracking is consumers’ #1 demand for smartwatches September 30, 2014
- Health-wear – at Health 2.0, health met fashion, function and care September 29, 2014
- Crossing the digital health chasm between consumers and providers – talking with Dr. Eric Topol September 26, 2014
- Dr Eric Topol on the digital democratization of health care September 22, 2014
- Health Care Products Market "sub | AnjumsList: […] Health-wear-at Health 2.0, health met fa...
- Crossing the digital health chasm between consumers and providers – talking with Eric Topol | Health Populi: […] new book due out by the end of the year,...
- Crossing the digital health chasm between consumers and providers – talking with Eric Topol | Health Populi: […] this context, we discussed the Open Note...
- Thought Leader Fridays – September 19th | MedNexus: […] Jane Sarasohn-Kahn states that “...