Regular readers of Health Populi know that I’m an avowed foodie (and a champagne-y, too), a longtime member of Slow Food, and adherent to the locavore movement as much as possible.When I mentioned making self-created carrot/zucchini/potato latkes on Twitter on Chanukah Eve this past Sunday afternoon, I received a request for this recipe from one […]
My annual forecast for health information technology in 2009 is up on iHealthBeat, the online publication of the California HealthCare Foundation that reports on the impact of technology on health care. Industry Predictions: What Are the Drivers Shaping Health Care IT in 2009? will tell you about the driving forces shaping health information technology for […]
1 in 2 older Americans use prescription drugs and over-the-counter products together. 4% of them are at-risk of adverse drug interaction.The potential for adverse reactions is substantial; nearly 30% of older adults take at least 5 Rx medications on a regular basis. Older people are the biggest consumers of prescription meds and thus are more […]
‘Tis the season of health data projects. First, The State of the USA. There are 20 critical data points you need to know to understand, and then improve, the health of the U.S. A new and expansive data collection effort is underway that will inventory the most credible of these indicators so we have a […]
There is very little cushion in family budgets for health care costs — even for families with insurance coverage. So says the Center for Studying Health System Change (CSHSC), which regular Health Populi readers know is one of my most valued sources on information on the microeconomy of health in the U.S.CSHSC’s latest Issue Brief […]
About Jane & Health Populi
Jane Sarasohn-Kahn is a health economist and management consultant that serves clients at the intersection of health and technology.
Her clients include all stakeholders in health, including providers, payors and plans; companies in biopharma, medical devices, financial services, technology and consumer goods; non-profits and NGOs. Jane's lens on health was best described by Dr. Regina Benjamin, U.S. Surgeon General, who says that health is where we live, work, play and pray.
California Healthcare Foundation White Papers
- Consumers blame insurance and pharma for health costs, but love their primary care doctors October 22, 2012
- Patients want online communication with doctors, and more clinicians are listening July 26, 2011
- Patients want to see the notes their doctors write about them: the power of transparency in health care October 2, 2012
- ePatients: a connected, collaborative, creating community September 30, 2010
- Hillary and George at HIMSS15 April 16, 2015
- Health = love. Care = love. Healthcare? Meh April 15, 2015
- Health is where we live, work, and shop…at Walgreens April 14, 2015
- “What If 1 Million Americans Asked for Medical Records on the Same Day?” April 13, 2015
- matthew holt: His administration destroyed the military, the cou...
- John Lynn: Too bad you missed it. It was insightful and ente...
- Gienna Shaw: Good for you, Jane. This was outrageous ... and ot...
- Hillary and George at HIMSS15 | Health Populi: […] you will not have a post from me as I...