Clay Shirkey wrote the book, Here Comes Everybody, and yesterday he focused his theme on ‘Here Comes Every Patient.’ Shirkey’s theme is that “everybody” — from my 12 year old daughter and her Gen X/Gen Y mentors, to the 80-year old grandma who Googles — is pressuring institutions and organizations to deal with them on […]
If it’s April in Chicago and it’s snowing it must be HIMSS. Say, what? Usually the annual meeting of the Healthcare Information and Management Systems Society (HIMSS) is held in February in some lovely southern climate, like Florida, Georgia or Southern California. This year, the HIMSS organizers thought they’d try out the association’s home base […]
Americans’ problems paying medical bills are increasing, especially for those people managing chronic conditions. In 2007, 3 in 10 people with chronic conditions were in families with problems paying medical bills, compared to 21% of people in 2003. According to Financial and Health Burdens of Chronic Conditions Grow, a Tracking Report from The Center for […]
The ‘official’ US unemployment stats for March will be published on April 3, but several data sources assert that the US labor market worsened again in March. One from ADP, the company that processes one in six payments for US workers, calculates a loss of 668,000 jobs in March ’09. Dow Jones Newswires’ survey predicts […]
As electronic health records get a starring role in the economic stimulus package in the U.S., Americans are thinking through who to trust with their personal health data. 3 in 4 Americans trust health providers above all other “data stewards” for handling their personally identified information, according to a BBC America survey conducted by The […]
About Jane & Health Populi
Jane Sarasohn-Kahn is a health economist and management consultant that serves clients at the intersection of health and technology.
Her clients include all stakeholders in health, including providers, payors and plans; companies in biopharma, medical devices, financial services, technology and consumer goods; non-profits and NGOs. Jane's lens on health was best described by Dr. Regina Benjamin, U.S. Surgeon General, who says that health is where we live, work, play and pray.
California Healthcare Foundation White Papers
- Consumers blame insurance and pharma for health costs, but love their primary care doctors October 22, 2012
- Patients want online communication with doctors, and more clinicians are listening July 26, 2011
- Patients want to see the notes their doctors write about them: the power of transparency in health care October 2, 2012
- ePatients: a connected, collaborative, creating community September 30, 2010
- The Fast-Growing Consumer Digital Health Ecosystem – Health 2.0 Day 2 October 6, 2015
- The Tricky Journey From Volume To Value In Health Care – Prelude To Health 2.0 October 5, 2015
- More consumers expect a connected health experience October 2, 2015
- Insurance Should Pay For End-of-Life Conversation, Most Patients Say October 1, 2015
- Mighty Casey: While I [mostly] applaud this shift, it forces us ...
- Mighty Casey: As much as I applaud Theranos' decision to open a...
- Tim Dodge: I wrote a blog post a few years ago about the lack...
- ÿþT: ÿþI...