Welcome to the new influence landscape, says Universal McCann (UM), the global media agency. In When Did We Start Trusting Strangers: The How the Internet Turned Us All into Influencers, UM analyzed the online behaviors of thousands of Internet users in 29 countries. UM found that today, we trust strangers as much as close friends. […]
The National Health Service wants to launch a program in the UK that would provide cash payments to citizens to incentivize them to see their primary care doctors to deal with health problems such as diabetes, heart disease and obesity. National Health Service managers are looking to get higher-risk patients into the system sooner for […]
The headline is that CFOs are having trouble accessing credit. What will that mean for health benefits? A survey of American CFOs and comptrollers from Grant Thornton has found that over half of CFOs have seen credit costs increase. 2/3 find credit harder to come-by than in 2007. 1 in 2 CFOs think the U.S. […]
Americans are hungry for change in and outside of health care, but they don't expect much anytime soon
2 in 3 Americans want the US health care system to change. Most don’t believe that change will come any time soon. In fact, most Americans don’t think they’ll see much change in American health care by the time the next-next Presidential election will be held — by 2012. Jon Berry knows buzz: he’s the […]
Most Americans see US health system negatively; savings and household finances pinched by health costs
Rising costs continue to change the way Americans use the health care system. That’s the tagline for the 2008 Health Confidence Survey published by the Employee Benefits Research Institute (EBRI), released October 7. Cost increases over the past year have directly changed health care consumers’ behaviors in the system. 74% of people choose generic drugs […]
About Jane & Health Populi
Jane Sarasohn-Kahn is a health economist and management consultant that serves clients at the intersection of health and technology.
Her clients include all stakeholders in health, including providers, payors and plans; companies in biopharma, medical devices, financial services, technology and consumer goods; non-profits and NGOs. Jane's lens on health was best described by Dr. Regina Benjamin, U.S. Surgeon General, who says that health is where we live, work, play and pray.
California Healthcare Foundation White Papers
- Consumers blame insurance and pharma for health costs, but love their primary care doctors October 22, 2012
- Patients want online communication with doctors, and more clinicians are listening July 26, 2011
- ePatients: a connected, collaborative, creating community September 30, 2010
- Patients want to see the notes their doctors write about them: the power of transparency in health care October 2, 2012
- Health IT Forecast for 2015 – Consumers Pushing for Healthcare Transformation December 17, 2014
- Women are natural disruptors for health December 11, 2014
- Irrational exuberance in mobile health? Live from the mHealth Summit 2014 December 9, 2014
- Self-care is the new black in health care December 5, 2014
- Digital and mobile health: can doctors and consumers get on the same wavelength? | Health Populi: […] complete picture of a patient’s li...
- Health-committed consumers look to food to be healthy, wealthy, and wise | Health Populi: […] list of promotions cited by Dunnhumby is...
- Retail M&A – How Do I Promote My Retail Enterprise? | Create Resumes | Find Jobs | FastJobz.Com: […] celebration. Whereas the prospect could ...
- Power to the health care consumer – but how much and when? | Health Populi: […] Health Market 2.0 world. This new revolu...