“We believe America can have high quality, affordable and accessible health care by 2012.” Who said that? If you guessed President Obama, Senator Edward Kennedy, or Hillary Clinton, you’re wrong. It’s Wal-Mart, on its Health and Wellness webpage. Wal-Mart’s got a new direct-to-physician strategy: selling electronic health records (EHRs). The world’s largest retailer, #1 on […]
2 in 3 Americans are concerned about being able to afford health care and prescription drugs. While middle-aged Americans aged 45-54 are the most concerned (76% of the cohort), even 54% of younger people between 18 and 34 years of age are worried about health care costs.HarrisInteractive/HealthDay’s latest suvey into personal health economics finds that […]
The Barbie doll was born in March 1959, marking this month her 50th birthday. She began life as a beach beauty and fashion model in a zebra-striped swimsuit. By 1965, she scored many careers including American Airlines Stewardess, Nurse, Teacher, and Astronaut. In 2006, USA Today named her one of the Top 101 Most Influential […]
While the policy wonks and economists and legislators and lobbyists convene to come to “yes” on a coherent approach to health reform for America, there is some (literally) low-hanging fruit that will help the nation bend the health cost curve: it’s healthy eating. Last year, the only two stocks on the Dow Jones Index that […]
Employers providing health insurance to employees continue to focus on workers’ health and productivity, despite economic decline and the need to cut costs. This is good news for 2009. 2010 may be a different story, depending on the length and depth of the recession. Hewitt’s 10th Annual Health Care Report, Challenges for Health Care in […]
About Jane & Health Populi
Jane Sarasohn-Kahn is a health economist and management consultant that serves clients at the intersection of health and technology.
Her clients include all stakeholders in health, including providers, payors and plans; companies in biopharma, medical devices, financial services, technology and consumer goods; non-profits and NGOs. Jane's lens on health was best described by Dr. Regina Benjamin, U.S. Surgeon General, who says that health is where we live, work, play and pray.
California Healthcare Foundation White Papers
- Consumers blame insurance and pharma for health costs, but love their primary care doctors October 22, 2012
- Patients want online communication with doctors, and more clinicians are listening July 26, 2011
- Patients want to see the notes their doctors write about them: the power of transparency in health care October 2, 2012
- ePatients: a connected, collaborative, creating community September 30, 2010
- There’s more to taste: a marketing lesson for health/care from a coffee ad August 27, 2015
- Coverage and price before brand for health plan shoppers August 26, 2015
- Wegmans tops pharmacy satisfaction – and it’s not even a pharmacy August 25, 2015
- Health, Wearables and the IoT in the Windy City August 21, 2015
- Mighty Casey: As much as I applaud Theranos' decision to open a...
- Tim Dodge: I wrote a blog post a few years ago about the lack...
- ÿþT: ÿþI...
- Cancer Treatment Out of Reach even with Insurance | Catherine-Morgan.com: […] From Health Populi – The Cost of C...