Two hours’ drive north of Manhattan, it was nigh impossible for my dear friend to secure an appointment with her regular primary care doctor to treat a complicated sinus infection. Her PCP’s appointment scheduler told her she could get an appointment in five days. Not acceptable, my friend said, so she tried some alternatives, with […]
The recession is shaping a new consumer segment, coined the Downturn Generation by Information Resources (IRI). Members of the Downturn Generation are transforming the ways they shop, eat, and care for their homes and themselves. 2 in 3 consumers believe their financial condition is worse than it was one year ago, and 71% say they […]
Hint: people with less money think more often about health than the rich do. The new logic of health engagement is based in anxiety, according to DDB:1. Anxiety produces a desire for control 2. Believing we are healthy means we believe we are in control; health = control. 3. Anxiety produces a desire for health. […]
Declining admissions, growing bad debt, rising interest expenses, falling reimbursements, illiquid capital markets, layoffs, cutbacks, and crashing credit ratings…these are the co-morbidities of the American hospital-as-patient in the 2009 economy. The American Hospital Association (AHA) has revisited its landmark survey on the U.S. hospital economy published in November, and today released The Economic Crisis: The […]
I have seen the future of Health 2.0, and it is Medzio. It’s flexible, it’s consumer-facing and -friendly, it integrates into the activities of daily living, it makes accessing health information easier and integrateable, and it’s fun. As an observer of health information tools for over two decades, the company known as A.D.A.M. has always […]
About Jane & Health Populi
Jane Sarasohn-Kahn is a health economist and management consultant that serves clients at the intersection of health and technology.
Her clients include all stakeholders in health, including providers, payors and plans; companies in biopharma, medical devices, financial services, technology and consumer goods; non-profits and NGOs. Jane's lens on health was best described by Dr. Regina Benjamin, U.S. Surgeon General, who says that health is where we live, work, play and pray.
California Healthcare Foundation White Papers
- Consumers blame insurance and pharma for health costs, but love their primary care doctors October 22, 2012
- Patients want online communication with doctors, and more clinicians are listening July 26, 2011
- Patients want to see the notes their doctors write about them: the power of transparency in health care October 2, 2012
- ePatients: a connected, collaborative, creating community September 30, 2010
- 51% of Americans Say It’s Government’s Responsibility To Provide Health Insurance November 24, 2015
- The Average Price of a New Specialty Drug Exceeds Median U.S. Annual Income; and a Tweet from Pam Anderson November 20, 2015
- American health citizens hungry for cost controls November 19, 2015
- Retail Health Landscape Expanding Through Clinic Growth, Accenture Forecasts November 18, 2015
- 51% of Americans Say It's Government's Responsibility To Provide Health Insurance - Health Populi: […] Americans’ appetite for government...
- The Part-Time Medical Home: Retail Health Clinics -: […] Posted at Health Populi on […]...
- As health cost increases moderate, consumers will pay more: will they seek less expensive care? -: […] The growth of high-deductible health pla...
- As health cost increases moderate, consumers will pay more: will they seek less expensive care? -: […] Posted at Health Populi on […]...