Globally, the banking industry is in a deep funk. From enduring $billion exposures due to Mr. Madoff’s Ponzi scheme to exorcising bad debt, defaulted mortgages, and shedding employees, it appears that banking isn’t the business to be in for the moment. There is a hopeful growth area in banking, though — it’s health care. As […]
There is good news and bad news in the rich data mine that is the latest version of Manhattan Research’s Cybercitizen Health survey. On the positive side of eHealth, the number of Americans who are seeking health information online has more than doubled since 2002. On the downside, nearly 40 million Americans did not fill […]
Call it the health insurance Blue-tique. Highmark Blue Cross Blue Shield is opening storefronts in shopping malls to talk health insurance. Highmark Direct will be the name on the front of this store, whose mission it will be to meet with sales staff from the insurance company to learn more about health insurance options […]
This is open enrollment season for those workers fortunate enough to (1) still be employed and (2) still be offered a health benefit. It’s also the season of economic decline. According to Watson Wyatt, these workers are making different health and benefit decisions in this fiscally-constrained era. Watson Wyatt has released its 2008 version […]
The use of complementary and alternative medicine (CAM) by Americans has held steady since 2002; however, the types of therapies adopted have changed over five years. The Use of Complementary and Alternative Medicine in the United States, from the NIH’s National Center for Complementary and Alternative Medicine, follows up the agency’s 2002 report. This round, […]
About Jane & Health Populi
Jane Sarasohn-Kahn is a health economist and management consultant that serves clients at the intersection of health and technology.
Her clients include all stakeholders in health, including providers, payors and plans; companies in biopharma, medical devices, financial services, technology and consumer goods; non-profits and NGOs. Jane's lens on health was best described by Dr. Regina Benjamin, U.S. Surgeon General, who says that health is where we live, work, play and pray.
California Healthcare Foundation White Papers
- Consumers blame insurance and pharma for health costs, but love their primary care doctors October 22, 2012
- Patients want online communication with doctors, and more clinicians are listening July 26, 2011
- Patients want to see the notes their doctors write about them: the power of transparency in health care October 2, 2012
- ePatients: a connected, collaborative, creating community September 30, 2010
- Hillary and George at HIMSS15 April 16, 2015
- Health = love. Care = love. Healthcare? Meh April 15, 2015
- Health is where we live, work, and shop…at Walgreens April 14, 2015
- “What If 1 Million Americans Asked for Medical Records on the Same Day?” April 13, 2015
- matthew holt: His administration destroyed the military, the cou...
- John Lynn: Too bad you missed it. It was insightful and ente...
- Gienna Shaw: Good for you, Jane. This was outrageous ... and ot...
- Hillary and George at HIMSS15 | Health Populi: […] you will not have a post from me as I...