While the policy wonks and economists and legislators and lobbyists convene to come to “yes” on a coherent approach to health reform for America, there is some (literally) low-hanging fruit that will help the nation bend the health cost curve: it’s healthy eating. Last year, the only two stocks on the Dow Jones Index that […]
Employers providing health insurance to employees continue to focus on workers’ health and productivity, despite economic decline and the need to cut costs. This is good news for 2009. 2010 may be a different story, depending on the length and depth of the recession. Hewitt’s 10th Annual Health Care Report, Challenges for Health Care in […]
Most people who receive email messages from pharmaceutical companies tend to like it. 9 in 10 believe it’s a good way to learn about new products entering the market — nearly as many people as those who like receiving travel offers via email. This finding comes from Epsilon‘s Email Branding Study, released in early March […]
Patients have spoken, and they really like their care providers. It’s good news for medical practices that patient satisfaction is on the rise, and has been for the past year. As practices pay attention to consumer-facing issues like waiting room times, ease of scheduling, and, yes, exam room manners, patients get more satisfied with care. […]
American consumer sentiment over the past year feels and looks like a rollercoaster ride in freefall, ever driving downward as the chart shows. It’s jobs and health costs forcing the downward trajectory. More than stock market declines and saving for retirement, Americans fear two things most in this recession: losing their job, and the costs […]
About Jane & Health Populi
Jane Sarasohn-Kahn is a health economist and management consultant that serves clients at the intersection of health and technology.
Her clients include all stakeholders in health, including providers, payors and plans; companies in biopharma, medical devices, financial services, technology and consumer goods; non-profits and NGOs. Jane's lens on health was best described by Dr. Regina Benjamin, U.S. Surgeon General, who says that health is where we live, work, play and pray.
California Healthcare Foundation White Papers
- Consumers blame insurance and pharma for health costs, but love their primary care doctors October 22, 2012
- Patients want online communication with doctors, and more clinicians are listening July 26, 2011
- Patients want to see the notes their doctors write about them: the power of transparency in health care October 2, 2012
- ePatients: a connected, collaborative, creating community September 30, 2010
- From the Magnificent Mile to the Country Mile – Wearable Tech On Main Street September 1, 2015
- The Rise And Fall Of Wearables? August 31, 2015
- There’s more to taste: a marketing lesson for health/care from a coffee ad August 27, 2015
- Coverage and price before brand for health plan shoppers August 26, 2015
- Mighty Casey: As much as I applaud Theranos' decision to open a...
- Tim Dodge: I wrote a blog post a few years ago about the lack...
- ÿþT: ÿþI...
- Cancer Treatment Out of Reach even with Insurance | Catherine-Morgan.com: […] From Health Populi – The Cost of C...