Stress due to the economic downturn is causing more of us to be irritable, angry, sleepless, and self-medicating through food. And stress in the workplace is costing business $300 billion a year, according to the American Psychological Association (APA), due to the loss of productivity, absenteeism, turnover and increased medical costs. The APA […]
As the Dow dips below 10,000, one might identify a personal need for (1) a strong anti-depressant, (2) a very strong drink, or (3) a big hug. While all 3 have their places, it’s also useful to exhale (deeply, my friends), and reflect back on some history. The last time the Dow was at 10,000 […]
“When normal Americans know who the Secretary of the Treasury is, that’s notgood.”– Will Durst comedian Do Americans know who the Secretary of Health and Human Services is yet?*It’s been an intense week of on-again, off-again Congressional votes to rescue financial markets. Two remarks this week generated that Oprah lightbulb moment for me. First, I […]
The most important election issue to Americans is the economy, as of mid-September. The war in Iraq, the price of gas, and health care are within a few percentage points of each other in the latest Kaiser Family Foundation Health Tracking Poll, taken among voters between September 8 and 13. 56% of Americans identified the […]
George Washington ate and drank here. Now, there’s a Walmart Supercenter in that spot. There’s an important crossroads in my vicinity where four major highways meet; it’s called King of Prussia, which is the intersection of the Schuylkill Expressway (I-76), the Pennsylvania Turnpike, US 422, and US 202. A new Walmart Supercenter opens at […]
About Jane & Health Populi
Jane Sarasohn-Kahn is a health economist and management consultant that serves clients at the intersection of health and technology.
Her clients include all stakeholders in health, including providers, payors and plans; companies in biopharma, medical devices, financial services, technology and consumer goods; non-profits and NGOs. Jane's lens on health was best described by Dr. Regina Benjamin, U.S. Surgeon General, who says that health is where we live, work, play and pray.
California Healthcare Foundation White Papers
- Consumers blame insurance and pharma for health costs, but love their primary care doctors October 22, 2012
- Patients want online communication with doctors, and more clinicians are listening July 26, 2011
- ePatients: a connected, collaborative, creating community September 30, 2010
- Patients want to see the notes their doctors write about them: the power of transparency in health care October 2, 2012
- Health IT Forecast for 2015 – Consumers Pushing for Healthcare Transformation December 17, 2014
- Women are natural disruptors for health December 11, 2014
- Irrational exuberance in mobile health? Live from the mHealth Summit 2014 December 9, 2014
- Self-care is the new black in health care December 5, 2014
- Digital and mobile health: can doctors and consumers get on the same wavelength? | Health Populi: […] complete picture of a patient’s li...
- Health-committed consumers look to food to be healthy, wealthy, and wise | Health Populi: […] list of promotions cited by Dunnhumby is...
- Retail M&A – How Do I Promote My Retail Enterprise? | Create Resumes | Find Jobs | FastJobz.Com: […] celebration. Whereas the prospect could ...
- Power to the health care consumer – but how much and when? | Health Populi: […] Health Market 2.0 world. This new revolu...