This is open enrollment season for those workers fortunate enough to (1) still be employed and (2) still be offered a health benefit. It’s also the season of economic decline. According to Watson Wyatt, these workers are making different health and benefit decisions in this fiscally-constrained era. Watson Wyatt has released its 2008 version […]
The use of complementary and alternative medicine (CAM) by Americans has held steady since 2002; however, the types of therapies adopted have changed over five years. The Use of Complementary and Alternative Medicine in the United States, from the NIH’s National Center for Complementary and Alternative Medicine, follows up the agency’s 2002 report. This round, […]
1 in 2 people over 45 say they’ve taken a generic drug or over-the-counter (OTC) medication instead of a prescription drug due to the current economic situation. The AARP‘s report, Impact of the Economy on Health Behaviors, analyzes the survey responses of 820 Americans 45 years of age and older polled in October 2008. Asked […]
Over 8 million American children under the age of 18 didn’t have health insurance in 2005. More than 2 million of these kids had parents who had health insurance through their employers. The growth of child poverty will inevitably increase during the economic recession in the U.S. What’s your hunch on how many more kids […]
With all of our (including my) talk about Health 2.0 and consumerism in American health care, the fact remains that most Americans rely on family and friends to find a primary care physician (PCP). That would be known as “word-of-mouth.” 27% of people rely solely on their friends’ and relatives’ opinions about PCPs. On the […]
About Jane & Health Populi
Jane Sarasohn-Kahn is a health economist and management consultant that serves clients at the intersection of health and technology.
Her clients include all stakeholders in health, including providers, payors and plans; companies in biopharma, medical devices, financial services, technology and consumer goods; non-profits and NGOs. Jane's lens on health was best described by Dr. Regina Benjamin, U.S. Surgeon General, who says that health is where we live, work, play and pray.
California Healthcare Foundation White Papers
- Consumers blame insurance and pharma for health costs, but love their primary care doctors October 22, 2012
- Patients want online communication with doctors, and more clinicians are listening July 26, 2011
- Patients want to see the notes their doctors write about them: the power of transparency in health care October 2, 2012
- ePatients: a connected, collaborative, creating community September 30, 2010
- No relief for consumers’ healthcare costs April 23, 2015
- It’s a retail health world: consumers at the helm of health/care April 21, 2015
- Hillary and George at HIMSS15 April 16, 2015
- Health = love. Care = love. Healthcare? Meh April 15, 2015
- It’s a retail health world: consumers at the helm of health/care | FBBHUB: […] Populi’s Hot Points: As consumers ...
- Afterthoughts from HIMSS 15 - HIE Answers: […] Jane Sarasohn-Kahn – Health = love...
- It’s a retail health world: consumers at the helm of health/care | Health Populi: […] consumers continue to evolve as homo inf...
- TRANSCEND MEDIA SERVICE » U.S. Blocked Declaration of a Right to Health Care, Says Bolivia’s President: […] recent times, she has given $200,000 pri...