Physicians are embracing eHealth, based on a policy paper just published by the American College of Physicians (the ACP), E-Health and Its Impact on Medical Practice. The ACP represents internists — and is the largest medical-specialty organization and second-largest physician group in the United States. ACP has 125,000 members, which represents roughly 20% of American […]
$15,609 could cover a lot of household needs for the average American family in the course of a year: utilities, mortgage, gas tank fills. It’s also the cost of health care to cover a family of four in 2008. Milliman notes that the average annual medical cost for a family of four increased […]
The economic downturn has led to personal cutbacks on medications and funding retirement savings, according to the AARP’s survey on The Economic Slowdown’s Impact on Middle-Aged and Older Americans. AARP examined older Americans’ responses to the economy in April 2008. The finding: that people over 45 share concerns about both the current and future states […]
Consumers, at least Californians, do a lot of looking for health information on the Internet — but very little health management. California HealthCare Foundation (CHCF) has taken a snapshot of Californians’ use of the Internet in health care. The profile is presented in CHCF’s report, Just Looking: Consumer Use of the Internet to Manage […]
Chronic disease will account for 2/3 of all deaths globally in the next 25 years. “We have to move from illness to wellness. Businesses will have to invest in wellness. There is no choice. It’s not philanthropy. It’s enlightened self-interest,” according to Shrinivas Shanbhag, the Medical Adviser at Reliance Industries in India. A new report […]
About Jane & Health Populi
Jane Sarasohn-Kahn is a health economist and management consultant that serves clients at the intersection of health and technology.
Her clients include all stakeholders in health, including providers, payors and plans; companies in biopharma, medical devices, financial services, technology and consumer goods; non-profits and NGOs. Jane's lens on health was best described by Dr. Regina Benjamin, U.S. Surgeon General, who says that health is where we live, work, play and pray.
California Healthcare Foundation White Papers
- Consumers blame insurance and pharma for health costs, but love their primary care doctors October 22, 2012
- Patients want online communication with doctors, and more clinicians are listening July 26, 2011
- ePatients: a connected, collaborative, creating community September 30, 2010
- Patients want to see the notes their doctors write about them: the power of transparency in health care October 2, 2012
- Digital health is hot at South-by-Southwest #SXSH March 7, 2014
- Risk-shift: employers continue to push more risk to employees and families for health costs March 7, 2014
- Employers spending more on wellness in 2014, with growing focus on food March 4, 2014
- HIMSS14 Monday Morning Quarterback – The Key Takeaways March 3, 2014
- HIMSS14 Monday Morning Quarterback – The Key Takeaways | Health Populi: […] economics in the U.S….and opportun...
- Cloud technology to propel growth in healthcare IT market By Dan Bowman | EIX System: […] a recent post to her Health Populi blog,...
- Hillary Clinton wows the HIMSS14 crowd of 20,000+ | Health Populi: […] pleasure of experiencing Bill Clinton...
- Laura Henze Russell: Best thing to do: get healthy, so you don't need ...