The Internet rivals books, magazines and newspapers is the #1 source for Americans seeking health information. Friends and family come a very, very close second. TV and radio rank lower, with only 15% of people relying on these media for personal health information. The tracking report from the Center for Studying Health System Change (CSHSC), […]
4 in 10 Americans had trouble paying for medical care in 2007, according to the Commonwealth Fund‘s latest study on medical debt. The study, Losing Ground: How the Loss of Adequate Health Insurance Is Burdening Working Families, looks at 2007 data on consumers’ and health costs.The Fund’s researchers examine 4 areas of cost-related access problems […]
The economy is still the #1 issue for voters, according to the Kaiser Family Foundation tracking poll; health care ranks #4
Health care continued to take 4th place beneath Americans’ concerns about the economy, the Iraq War, and gas prices, according to the Kaiser Family Foundation tracking poll published for August 2008. 1 in 2 voters place the economy in first place; 1 in 4 ‘voted’ for Iraq. Health care is the #3 issue among Democrats; […]
While reading the August 16/17 2008 issue of the Financial Times to keep up with the global political news in Russia and Georgia, and Olympic medal drama in Beijing, I ran across a story that hit much closer-to-home: “Bitter pills in fight for drugstore dominance.” The announcement by CVS Caremark that it would acquire the […]
People have begun to ration themselves off of medical visits and prescription drugs, according to the National Association of Insurance Commissioners (NAIC). 1 in 5 Americans (22%) said they reduced visits to the doctor due to the slowing economy. 1 in 10 (11%) have reduced their prescription drug intake. The NAIC found that 85% of […]
About Jane & Health Populi
Jane Sarasohn-Kahn is a health economist and management consultant that serves clients at the intersection of health and technology.
Her clients include all stakeholders in health, including providers, payors and plans; companies in biopharma, medical devices, financial services, technology and consumer goods; non-profits and NGOs. Jane's lens on health was best described by Dr. Regina Benjamin, U.S. Surgeon General, who says that health is where we live, work, play and pray.
California Healthcare Foundation White Papers
- Consumers blame insurance and pharma for health costs, but love their primary care doctors October 22, 2012
- Patients want online communication with doctors, and more clinicians are listening July 26, 2011
- ePatients: a connected, collaborative, creating community September 30, 2010
- Patients want to see the notes their doctors write about them: the power of transparency in health care October 2, 2012
- Health on the 2014 Gartner Hype Cycle September 2, 2014
- NephCure – a rare disease community that’s patient-powered August 27, 2014
- Understanding the patient journey – using real-world data August 25, 2014
- Health economics in the exam room: doctors and patients discussing the costs of health care August 22, 2014
- Dynamic Journey Mapping and P2P | Enabling Healthy Decisions: […] sources for analysis and insights. I t...
- Book: My Healthcare Is Killing Me | Enabling Healthy Decisions: […] Change Healthcare, you should look at th...
- Thought Leader Fridays: Aug 22nd | MedNexus: […] One of the things we take for granted: O...
- Understanding the patient journey – using real-world data | Health Populi: […] about “patient affordability”...