The buyers of medical devices aren’t very good shoppers: they lack the kind of information about technologies that would help them make value-based purchasing decisions. So says James Robinson in the November/December 2008 issue of Health Affairs in his essay, Value-Based Purchasing for Medical Devices. This issue is so important because medical technology is […]
The first challenges President Obama should tackle are jobs, gas, health care, and the deficit, based on a poll of Americans who voted on November 4. These findings come out of a survey from Democracy Corps/Campaign for America’s Future survey of voters on November 4th and 5th, 2008, conducted by Greenberg Quinlan Rosner Research. For […]
More evidence on Americans, the economy and health behaviors from BearingPoint; remember that health is an asset
71% of Americans have cut household expenses as a result of the financial crisis in the U.S.,according to a new poll from BearingPoint, conducted by Zogby International. Here is more evidence that personal and family health decisions aren’t made in a vacuum separate from other household financial decisions: they’re part and parcel of the kitchen […]
From Lasik surgery to prescription-filling, consumers are responding to the U.S. economic downturn — which may result in either rational or irrational health behavior, depending on your lens on “health.” Retailers of health products are responding to the economic environment, in part, by co-branding with health suppliers and plans to gain traction with consumers. A […]
We know the name of the 44th President of the United States: Barack Obama. As the next President’s supporter Oprah Winfrey is known to ask, “What do you know for sure?” When it comes to health, there are a few things we know about a President Obama.First and foremost, addressing challenges in U.S. health care […]
About Jane & Health Populi
Jane Sarasohn-Kahn is a health economist and management consultant that serves clients at the intersection of health and technology.
Her clients include all stakeholders in health, including providers, payors and plans; companies in biopharma, medical devices, financial services, technology and consumer goods; non-profits and NGOs. Jane's lens on health was best described by Dr. Regina Benjamin, U.S. Surgeon General, who says that health is where we live, work, play and pray.
California Healthcare Foundation White Papers
- Consumers blame insurance and pharma for health costs, but love their primary care doctors October 22, 2012
- Patients want online communication with doctors, and more clinicians are listening July 26, 2011
- ePatients: a connected, collaborative, creating community September 30, 2010
- Patients want to see the notes their doctors write about them: the power of transparency in health care October 2, 2012
- Learning from Mr. Spock and Leonard Nimoy about living long and prospering February 27, 2015
- Most people want to go digital for health – especially the un-well February 24, 2015
- A health agenda comes to the 2015 Oscars February 23, 2015
- Employers grow wellness programs, and ramp up support for fitness tech February 18, 2015
- Adam Trainor: Interesting data, and no surprise. Guilty as charg...
- Most people want to go digital for health – especially the un-well | Health Populi: […] We’ve covered previous Makovsky di...
- Most people want to go digital for health – especially the un-well | Health Populi: […] previous Makovsky digital health surveys...
- Marc: Customer service should be a standard part of heal...