Health providers want to provide quality care and improve patient satisfaction. Really, they do. It’s just that pesky problem of declining reimbursements getting in the way of meeting those two key business objectives.This dilemma comes to you courtesy of a survey conducted by IVANS, Inc., the company that helps providers process health transactions. IVANS found […]
Health care costs will grow an average of nearly 10% in 2009. Pricewaterhouse Coopers reports their anticipated health cost trends in the company’s latest issue of Behind the Numbers.On the good news front, there are several cost decelerators: more employers are depending on targeted health management programs, and aggressive generic substitution for more expensive branded […]
HarrisInteractive’s latest poll on Americans searching for health information online begs the question: “Has the number of cyberchondriacs declined?” The pure stats show that 1 in 2 American adults searched for health information in the past month — about the same proportion as last year (within the statistical sampling error). So can we assume that […]
Mama always said there are at least two sides to every story. When we’re talking about cellular phones and health, there are many aspects to consider, pro and con.Mobile phones make sense when we think about peoples’ health: health doesn’t just happen when someone’s in the doctor’s exam room; it happens every minute of every […]
Leave it to Wal-Mart to continue to grow its franchise in health through yet another revenue center: this time, it’s telemedicine. The company will pilot telemedicine through retail clinics in Houston, Texas, and will be trademarked as Walk-In Telemedicine Health Care. Wal-Mart will be partnering with My Healthy Access and NuPhysicia, the private company that […]
About Jane & Health Populi
Jane Sarasohn-Kahn is a health economist and management consultant that serves clients at the intersection of health and technology.
Her clients include all stakeholders in health, including providers, payors and plans; companies in biopharma, medical devices, financial services, technology and consumer goods; non-profits and NGOs. Jane's lens on health was best described by Dr. Regina Benjamin, U.S. Surgeon General, who says that health is where we live, work, play and pray.
California Healthcare Foundation White Papers
- Consumers blame insurance and pharma for health costs, but love their primary care doctors October 22, 2012
- Patients want online communication with doctors, and more clinicians are listening July 26, 2011
- ePatients: a connected, collaborative, creating community September 30, 2010
- Patients want to see the notes their doctors write about them: the power of transparency in health care October 2, 2012
- Big Data Come to Health Care…With Big Challenges – Health Affairs July 2014 July 9, 2014
- Stress Is US July 8, 2014
- Health consumers – largely in charge, engaged and cost conscious July 7, 2014
- In pursuit of healthiness – Lancet talks US public health July 3, 2014
- Die Linktipps der Woche: Big Data, fehlende Ärzte und Crowdfunding für Fachkräfte | Zukunft Gesundheitswesen: […] Big Data – Große Herausforderung Wie ...
- The Scoop – High-Impact Ads | Big Data in Health | Doctor Salaries | Collaboration Station: […] takes a step back on Big Data, explainin...
- mark: (1) What Value is accrued to whom in the process o...
- Big Data Come to Health Care…With Big Challenges – Health Affairs July 2014 | Health Populi: […] (some) evidence that (some) people are i...