The key to longevity isn’t about taking vitamins or consuming health care or yogurt…it’s staying connected to family, friends, and world events. That news comes to us from the third Evercare 100 @ 100 Survey which details ultra-seniors’ views on politics and the good life. Evercare surveyed in-depth 100 centenarians. Collectively, their views challenge […]
It will be no surprise to Health Populi readers that the U.S. has a pretty poor record in managing chronic care. How bad those results are depends on whether you’re insured. All of this may seem rather intuitive, but the latest research published in the Annals of Internal Medicine is important. In A National Study […]
Resveratrol has been found to add life to years, if not years to life, according to a new study published in Cell Metabolism earlier this month. For the benefit of my Health Populi readers, I just had to investigate this story first-hand, and first-taste, at the winery where bottles of Pinot Noir have been found […]
Health providers want to provide quality care and improve patient satisfaction. Really, they do. It’s just that pesky problem of declining reimbursements getting in the way of meeting those two key business objectives.This dilemma comes to you courtesy of a survey conducted by IVANS, Inc., the company that helps providers process health transactions. IVANS found […]
Health care costs will grow an average of nearly 10% in 2009. Pricewaterhouse Coopers reports their anticipated health cost trends in the company’s latest issue of Behind the Numbers.On the good news front, there are several cost decelerators: more employers are depending on targeted health management programs, and aggressive generic substitution for more expensive branded […]
About Jane & Health Populi
Jane Sarasohn-Kahn is a health economist and management consultant that serves clients at the intersection of health and technology.
Her clients include all stakeholders in health, including providers, payors and plans; companies in biopharma, medical devices, financial services, technology and consumer goods; non-profits and NGOs. Jane's lens on health was best described by Dr. Regina Benjamin, U.S. Surgeon General, who says that health is where we live, work, play and pray.
California Healthcare Foundation White Papers
- Consumers blame insurance and pharma for health costs, but love their primary care doctors October 22, 2012
- Patients want online communication with doctors, and more clinicians are listening July 26, 2011
- ePatients: a connected, collaborative, creating community September 30, 2010
- Patients want to see the notes their doctors write about them: the power of transparency in health care October 2, 2012
- Hyperconnected Healthcare – The Need for Cyber-Resilience July 23, 2014
- Consumer healthcare spending is up, and “fun spending” is down July 18, 2014
- Who’s Looking at You? consumer-generated data, Big Data, & health July 16, 2014
- Big Data Come to Health Care…With Big Challenges – Health Affairs July 2014 July 9, 2014
- CLIMATE CHANGE IS NOT THE ONLY “INCONVENIENT TRUTH” « Holsinger for House: […] or the health care industry itself, an &...
- Healthstyles: news on health & technology | HealthCetera - CHMP's Blog: […] Google and Novartis joint venture creati...
- Activation Before Engagement | Eye Care Advice: […] (PAM). Hibbard and her coauthors actuall...
- Die Linktipps der Woche: Big Data, fehlende Ärzte und Crowdfunding für Fachkräfte | Zukunft Gesundheitswesen: […] Big Data – Große Herausforderung Wie ...