In the top 100 most social brands determined by Vitrue, not a single one is directly related to health or health care.Among the most visible industry sectors in top 100 are: Automobile manufacturers (Ford, Honda, Lincoln, GM and Mercedes rank highest among the autos). All-things-Apple including the #1 socially-ranking iPhone, #3 Apple corporate, #7 iPod, […]
Nearly 100% of Wal-Mart’s staff is covered by health insurance, either through the company itself or through another source. Covered “associates” reached a total of 94.5% this month, compared with 92.7% last year. The total proportion of Wal-Mart employees covered by Wal-Mart’s plans at the end of open enrollment was 51.8%. Uninsured Wal-Mart employees […]
The Mobile Phone Congress is buzzing in Barcelona, and there are signs that the sector is healthier than other parts of the global economy. Despite the downturn in economies ’round the world, mobile phones are a bright spot bringing happy ringtones to the otherwise dismal forecast in consumer spending. According to Nielsen’s research into the […]
Federal negotiations on prescription drug prices, covering kids’ health care, and requiring insurance companies to accept people with pre-existing health conditions are among the most popular elements of President Obama’s health reform platform among all Americans. However, tempering the public’s majority support for these health plan ideas, Americans don’t have much confidence in Congress these […]
Virtually all doctors are worried that patients aren’t filling their prescriptions. In addition to not filling Rx’s, physicians are most concerned about patients’ skipping doses, splitting pills, discontinuing other treatments, sharing prescriptions, and taking expired meds.Physician survey on generic drug use, a survey from Epocrates, the clinical decision support company. As the chart shows, doctors’ […]
About Jane & Health Populi
Jane Sarasohn-Kahn is a health economist and management consultant that serves clients at the intersection of health and technology.
Her clients include all stakeholders in health, including providers, payors and plans; companies in biopharma, medical devices, financial services, technology and consumer goods; non-profits and NGOs. Jane's lens on health was best described by Dr. Regina Benjamin, U.S. Surgeon General, who says that health is where we live, work, play and pray.
California Healthcare Foundation White Papers
- Consumers blame insurance and pharma for health costs, but love their primary care doctors October 22, 2012
- Patients want online communication with doctors, and more clinicians are listening July 26, 2011
- Patients want to see the notes their doctors write about them: the power of transparency in health care October 2, 2012
- ePatients: a connected, collaborative, creating community September 30, 2010
- The Internet Of Things, Privacy and Women August 4, 2015
- Dr. Watson comes to retail health August 3, 2015
- It’s My Body And I’ll Test If I Want To July 30, 2015
- Medicare Makes the Case for Outcomes, As Increasing Costs Loom July 29, 2015
- Mighty Casey: As much as I applaud Theranos' decision to open a...
- Tim Dodge: I wrote a blog post a few years ago about the lack...
- ÿþT: ÿþI...
- Cancer Treatment Out of Reach even with Insurance | Catherine-Morgan.com: […] From Health Populi – The Cost of C...