95% of Americans want a health care overhaul, according to a new survey released by the AFL-CIO. 95% of people are concerned about being able to afford health insurance in the coming years. The 2008 Health Care for America survey is by no means scientific; the sample of 26,419 was conducted online between January and […]
According to the latest poll from HarrisInteractive and the Harvard School of Public Health, less than 1 in 2 Americans believe that health care in the U.S. is the best system in the world. Harris and Harvard measured how Americans feel about the U.S. health system compared to those of Canada, France and Great Britain. […]
The current generation of medical scientists is at-risk. In 2003, budget increases for the National Institutes of Health stopped. Since then, the NIH has experienced a 13% drop in real purchasing power. A must-read for anyone who envisions a healthy world is world is A Broken Pipeline? Flat Funding of the NIH Puts a Generation […]
4 in 5 moms go online at least once a month, according to My Mommy’s Online. The report is based on 2007 data from Simmons Consumer Research Survey published by eMarketer. “Being a parent makes going online almost a necessity,” according to eMarketer. 40% of all women who go online in the US are mothers […]
Among my top 3 HIMSS lightbulb moments was, appropriately, at a roundtable held by GE Healthcare. Of course, I learned in outline form about GE’s strategy for electronic health records and digital imaging and personalized medicine. This, I was prepared for. Then I took a look at a schematic drawing with a patient at the […]
About Jane & Health Populi
Jane Sarasohn-Kahn is a health economist and management consultant that serves clients at the intersection of health and technology.
Her clients include all stakeholders in health, including providers, payors and plans; companies in biopharma, medical devices, financial services, technology and consumer goods; non-profits and NGOs. Jane's lens on health was best described by Dr. Regina Benjamin, U.S. Surgeon General, who says that health is where we live, work, play and pray.
California Healthcare Foundation White Papers
- Consumers blame insurance and pharma for health costs, but love their primary care doctors October 22, 2012
- Patients want online communication with doctors, and more clinicians are listening July 26, 2011
- ePatients: a connected, collaborative, creating community September 30, 2010
- Patients want to see the notes their doctors write about them: the power of transparency in health care October 2, 2012
- A certain forecast: health consumers will be more cost-squeezed in 2014 for Rx and insurance December 11, 2013
- Data altruism: people more likely to share personal health data for the sake of others and to save money December 10, 2013
- Investing in technology that lowers health costs – the growing role of mobile December 9, 2013
- Employers will strongly focus on costs in health benefit plans for 2014; so must consumers December 3, 2013
- Marketing To Consumers: Carpe Diem – ConnectedHealth: […] one of the biggest challenges many healt...
- Random political image thread - Page 143 - Pelican Parts Technical BBS: […] Health Costs vs. The World: Is It Still ...
- Jane: Mark, yes - that was Judith Hibbard's work on pat...
- Mark: Jane: In a previous post, way long ago, you refere...