Two categories of prescription drugs are growing faster than most others in this second quarter of 2009: anti-depressants and sleep aids, according to IMS Health. Can you spell “R-E-C-E-S-S-I-O-N?” Sleeplessness is up in 2009, and people are kept up with anxiety about the economy along with other factors driving the prescription drug market for sleep. […]
There’s a groundswell driving social media in health care in America, from Silicon Valley to Boston, Miami to…Omaha? Strategy& (former Booz and Company) and the Center for Health Transformation convened a roundtable discussion in Omaha, Nebraska, in March 2009 following up a discussion the company had in 2008 with stakeholders in diabetes. In that meeting, the […]
The recession around the world is having a negative impact on health citizens’ purchases of over-the-counter drugs. The economy is changing the way they will use non-prescription drugs, as well as the kind of drugs they will use. To the first point, OTC consumption will decline for some; for people who continue to demand OTC […]
Two reports come at the issue of workplace benefits with different perspectives. Together, they combine to find that workers value benefits in 2009 more than they have in the past — and especially as the economic pressures on workers’ households is increasing. Workscape’s Annual Benefits Study for 2009 illustrates several impacts of the economy on […]
In the emerging era of participatory health, fanned by the fiscal flames of the recession and increasing out-of-pocket costs, there’s an important communications component to consider: participatory health economics. The chart illustrates why. Out-of-pocket health costs are steadily increasing for households. Thus, it is reasonable for health citizens to want to know how much health […]
About Jane & Health Populi
Jane Sarasohn-Kahn is a health economist and management consultant that serves clients at the intersection of health and technology.
Her clients include all stakeholders in health, including providers, payors and plans; companies in biopharma, medical devices, financial services, technology and consumer goods; non-profits and NGOs. Jane's lens on health was best described by Dr. Regina Benjamin, U.S. Surgeon General, who says that health is where we live, work, play and pray.
California Healthcare Foundation White Papers
- Consumers blame insurance and pharma for health costs, but love their primary care doctors October 22, 2012
- Patients want online communication with doctors, and more clinicians are listening July 26, 2011
- Patients want to see the notes their doctors write about them: the power of transparency in health care October 2, 2012
- ePatients: a connected, collaborative, creating community September 30, 2010
- Health Consumers Look For Cost and Convenience February 10, 2016
- Rural Hospitals in America – Health Disparities, Hospital Disparities February 9, 2016
- Improving the Patient Experience in Legacy Health Systems – My Start-Up Health Interview February 5, 2016
- Building Health Bridges — Health:Further Goes Beyond the Disruptive February 4, 2016
- Improving the Patient Experience in Legacy Health Systems - My Start-Up Health Interview - Health Populi: […] Here’s the video…which cover...
- Baby Tech Summit - The Consumer Health Electronics Show – Putting People At the Center: […] As we concluded our panel on The Wizards...
- Welcome to the Era of Personal Health IT - a #HIMSS16 Preview - Health Populi: […] People In Consumer-Directed Health Plans...
- Welcome to the Era of Personal Health IT - a #HIMSS16 Preview - Health Populi: […] More Consumers Expect a Connected Health...