HarrisInteractive’s latest poll on Americans searching for health information online begs the question: “Has the number of cyberchondriacs declined?” The pure stats show that 1 in 2 American adults searched for health information in the past month — about the same proportion as last year (within the statistical sampling error). So can we assume that […]
Mama always said there are at least two sides to every story. When we’re talking about cellular phones and health, there are many aspects to consider, pro and con.Mobile phones make sense when we think about peoples’ health: health doesn’t just happen when someone’s in the doctor’s exam room; it happens every minute of every […]
Leave it to Wal-Mart to continue to grow its franchise in health through yet another revenue center: this time, it’s telemedicine. The company will pilot telemedicine through retail clinics in Houston, Texas, and will be trademarked as Walk-In Telemedicine Health Care. Wal-Mart will be partnering with My Healthy Access and NuPhysicia, the private company that […]
Just as the mainstream press got used to the idea that retail clinics were The Next Big Thing, the American Association of Family Practice solidified its statement on the concept, and health plans began to pay for visits to them, their growth has begun to slow. According to Merchant Medicine, an advisory company to the […]
There’s a new wiki in the health social media town, Medpedia. Among the most popular online sources for health information is Wikipedia. Millions of people search Wikipedia daily for insights into medical conditions, drugs, and procedures. Now comes the announcement of a sharply-focused wiki from the most credible of academic health institutions: Harvard, Michigan (my […]
About Jane & Health Populi
Jane Sarasohn-Kahn is a health economist and management consultant that serves clients at the intersection of health and technology.
Her clients include all stakeholders in health, including providers, payors and plans; companies in biopharma, medical devices, financial services, technology and consumer goods; non-profits and NGOs. Jane's lens on health was best described by Dr. Regina Benjamin, U.S. Surgeon General, who says that health is where we live, work, play and pray.
California Healthcare Foundation White Papers
- Consumers blame insurance and pharma for health costs, but love their primary care doctors October 22, 2012
- Patients want online communication with doctors, and more clinicians are listening July 26, 2011
- ePatients: a connected, collaborative, creating community September 30, 2010
- Patients want to see the notes their doctors write about them: the power of transparency in health care October 2, 2012
- Hyperconnected Healthcare – The Need for Cyber-Resilience July 23, 2014
- Consumer healthcare spending is up, and “fun spending” is down July 18, 2014
- Who’s Looking at You? consumer-generated data, Big Data, & health July 16, 2014
- Big Data Come to Health Care…With Big Challenges – Health Affairs July 2014 July 9, 2014
- CLIMATE CHANGE IS NOT THE ONLY “INCONVENIENT TRUTH” « Holsinger for House: […] or the health care industry itself, an &...
- Healthstyles: news on health & technology | HealthCetera - CHMP's Blog: […] Google and Novartis joint venture creati...
- Activation Before Engagement | Eye Care Advice: […] (PAM). Hibbard and her coauthors actuall...
- Die Linktipps der Woche: Big Data, fehlende Ärzte und Crowdfunding für Fachkräfte | Zukunft Gesundheitswesen: […] Big Data – Große Herausforderung Wie ...