We know the name of the 44th President of the United States: Barack Obama. As the next President’s supporter Oprah Winfrey is known to ask, “What do you know for sure?” When it comes to health, there are a few things we know about a President Obama.First and foremost, addressing challenges in U.S. health care […]
Go get your treats today while you make your way to the polls: Starbucks is offering free coffee, Dunkin‘ Donuts has star-shaped cakes, and Ben & Jerry’s will offer free scoops between 5 and 8 pm. While you’re enjoying some sweet stuff, ponder some important statistics on this Election Day 2008…. Toyota will probably be […]
Pre-Election Day, Health Looms Heavy on American Voters' Minds — but McCain Voters' Priorities Are Strikingly Different Than Obama Supporters
While the economy ranks as the #1 issue on American voters’ minds, it means way more to Obama voters (56%) than it does to McCain voters (40%).Health care, too, is a higher priority issue to Obama voters (14%) than to McCain voters (9%).The poll by Kaiser Family Foundation and Harvard School of Public Health, conducted […]
The three reasons why health spending is higher in the U.S. than in any other country are: prices, inefficiency, and insurance administration. Medical technology and obesity are key cost drivers. Malpractice costs and demographic shifts are not (these add to overall costs but not as significantly to cost increases as tech, obesity, prices, inefficiency, and […]
The U.S. pharmaceutical market is slow-growth for 2009, according to IMS Health. The company forecasts a tiny 1-2% growth rate for the next year. The data point comes from IMS’s annual Global Pharmaceutical and Therapy Forecast. The U.S. market for pharmaceuticals will be worth about $300 bn in 2009. What’s slowing growth prospects […]
About Jane & Health Populi
Jane Sarasohn-Kahn is a health economist and management consultant that serves clients at the intersection of health and technology.
Her clients include all stakeholders in health, including providers, payors and plans; companies in biopharma, medical devices, financial services, technology and consumer goods; non-profits and NGOs. Jane's lens on health was best described by Dr. Regina Benjamin, U.S. Surgeon General, who says that health is where we live, work, play and pray.
California Healthcare Foundation White Papers
- Consumers blame insurance and pharma for health costs, but love their primary care doctors October 22, 2012
- Patients want online communication with doctors, and more clinicians are listening July 26, 2011
- ePatients: a connected, collaborative, creating community September 30, 2010
- Patients want to see the notes their doctors write about them: the power of transparency in health care October 2, 2012
- Humana and Weight Watchers Partner in Weight Loss for Employers March 3, 2015
- Learning from Mr. Spock and Leonard Nimoy about living long and prospering February 27, 2015
- Most people want to go digital for health – especially the un-well February 24, 2015
- A health agenda comes to the 2015 Oscars February 23, 2015
- SAGE Stays Motivated: A Health and Wealth Update: […] Integrating Your Health and Your Wealth ...
- Learning from Mr. Spock and Leonard Nimoy about living long and prospering | Health Populi: […] Know that you are Connected when it come...
- Learning from Mr. Spock and Leonard Nimoy about living long and prospering | Health Populi: […] Patronize businesses that do not sell to...
- Adam Trainor: Interesting data, and no surprise. Guilty as charg...