Just as the mainstream press got used to the idea that retail clinics were The Next Big Thing, the American Association of Family Practice solidified its statement on the concept, and health plans began to pay for visits to them, their growth has begun to slow. According to Merchant Medicine, an advisory company to the […]
There’s a new wiki in the health social media town, Medpedia. Among the most popular online sources for health information is Wikipedia. Millions of people search Wikipedia daily for insights into medical conditions, drugs, and procedures. Now comes the announcement of a sharply-focused wiki from the most credible of academic health institutions: Harvard, Michigan (my […]
The latest survey data from the Medical Group Management Association (MGMA)calculates that primary care physicians earned an average of $182,322 in 2007. Specialty physicians overall earned $332,450…nearly twice as much as primary care docs. Year-on-year, specialty physicians’ compensation rose .31% adjusted for inflation (3.16% without inflation).Primary care doctors’ compensation increased 3.35% over inflation, or 6.3% […]
Very few people talk about prescription drugs online. Most of these conversations are happening in the offline world of phone calls, cafes, and water coolers. This finding by the Keller Fay Group, a marketing organization that specializes in word-of-mouth (WOM) marketing, first surprised me. So I contacted Ed Keller, CEO of the Group, to talk […]
The price of gas is a headache for every consumer. But the health impacts of high fuel prices go beyond that metaphorical symptom. Consider: medical supplies and home health. But it’s not all bad news: on the positive side, higher fuel prices could positive impact the obesity epidemic and the rate of motor vehicle fatalities. […]
About Jane & Health Populi
Jane Sarasohn-Kahn is a health economist and management consultant that serves clients at the intersection of health and technology.
Her clients include all stakeholders in health, including providers, payors and plans; companies in biopharma, medical devices, financial services, technology and consumer goods; non-profits and NGOs. Jane's lens on health was best described by Dr. Regina Benjamin, U.S. Surgeon General, who says that health is where we live, work, play and pray.
California Healthcare Foundation White Papers
- Consumers blame insurance and pharma for health costs, but love their primary care doctors October 22, 2012
- Patients want online communication with doctors, and more clinicians are listening July 26, 2011
- ePatients: a connected, collaborative, creating community September 30, 2010
- Patients want to see the notes their doctors write about them: the power of transparency in health care October 2, 2012
- Big Data Come to Health Care…With Big Challenges – Health Affairs July 2014 July 9, 2014
- Stress Is US July 8, 2014
- Health consumers – largely in charge, engaged and cost conscious July 7, 2014
- In pursuit of healthiness – Lancet talks US public health July 3, 2014
- Wing of Zock “Chart Review” Blog Carnival, July 2014 Edition | Wing Of Zock: […] Doug Ross, and Dr. Gregory House. Now, h...
- Jane: Donna, the Digital Health footprint numbers' grow...
- Donna Cusano: Jane, you might also want to mention the controver...
- Donna Cusano: "The supply side of digital health is so hot that...