Rite Aid, a top retail pharmacy chain, awarded its first Fill Up & Fuel Up gasoline gift cards this week. I’ve been writing about gas ‘n health care since the inception of the Health Populi blog; see this inaugural post.Now comes a pharmacy connecting the dots between consumer spending categories: the interdependency of fuel and […]
The bad news: employers’ health premiums doubled between 1996-2006. The good news? Employers health cost growth will slow in 2009 to 10.6%. Good news? Huh? I get the fact that 10.6% is slower growth than, say, 11.2%. But it’s still double-digit cost growth, isn’t it? Aon Consulting opines that the 10.6% increase is the smallest […]
People love their grocery stores, but still hate Big Tobacco and Big Oil. The Harris Poll’s annual survey of how Americans view the nation’s industries is out for 2008, and health care organizations — except for hospitals — continue to lose favor with the public.For over a decade, the poll has asked whether a particular […]
The ‘average’ swing voter is white, over 50, has income of $60K or less, female, and absolutely certain to vote in November’s election. She is also very worried about the economy, financial security, and health care. The AARP released the Key Findings from AARP Swing Voter Battleground Poll on swing voters this week. Who’s a […]
There’s a disconnect between who Americans believe is responsible for their personal health status, and who should pay for health care.On the first question — personal responsibility for health choices — 82% of Americans believe that they alone are responsible for their health.However, only 44% believe that they should bear no responsibility for paying for […]
About Jane & Health Populi
Jane Sarasohn-Kahn is a health economist and management consultant that serves clients at the intersection of health and technology.
Her clients include all stakeholders in health, including providers, payors and plans; companies in biopharma, medical devices, financial services, technology and consumer goods; non-profits and NGOs. Jane's lens on health was best described by Dr. Regina Benjamin, U.S. Surgeon General, who says that health is where we live, work, play and pray.
California Healthcare Foundation White Papers
- Consumers blame insurance and pharma for health costs, but love their primary care doctors October 22, 2012
- Patients want online communication with doctors, and more clinicians are listening July 26, 2011
- ePatients: a connected, collaborative, creating community September 30, 2010
- Patients want to see the notes their doctors write about them: the power of transparency in health care October 2, 2012
- Health on the 2014 Gartner Hype Cycle September 2, 2014
- NephCure – a rare disease community that’s patient-powered August 27, 2014
- Understanding the patient journey – using real-world data August 25, 2014
- Health economics in the exam room: doctors and patients discussing the costs of health care August 22, 2014
- Dynamic Journey Mapping and P2P | Enabling Healthy Decisions: […] sources for analysis and insights. I t...
- Book: My Healthcare Is Killing Me | Enabling Healthy Decisions: […] Change Healthcare, you should look at th...
- Thought Leader Fridays: Aug 22nd | MedNexus: […] One of the things we take for granted: O...
- Understanding the patient journey – using real-world data | Health Populi: […] about “patient affordability”...