While the front pages of U.S. and business newspapers are featuring the story of the health-cost hampered Big (and increasingly smaller) 3 automakers looking for a mega-loan, most employers still want to play a key role in the U.S. health system. It’s the legacy of providing health care benefits to the ever-growing list of retirees […]
U.S. payment systems tend to reward volume-driven rather than value-driven care. Providers respond to incentives to deliver more, and not necessarily better, care. That’s the thesis of a new report from the Robert Wood Johnson Foundation that analyzes the financing of American health care delivery and provides recommendations to improve that system, rationalize spending on […]
It all started with a baby, a baby carrier, and Motrin. Oh, and an advertising agency who probably got their Mommy-messaging more than a little bit wrong. Twitter, the social networking software, helped fuel this uproar in a matter of hours. In what is to-date among the fastest viral campaigns in consumer health — […]
There’s more evidence that green = health. No, not tea, but more green space. More specifically, access to green space lessens health disparities between the wealthy and the not-so-rich in the community. Green spaces reduce the health gap between rich and poor, according to a study published in the Lancet, Effect of exposure […]
A very smart doctor told me, “there’s been a realization that the exam room is wherever the patient is.” That simple, elegant and insightful remark was offered by Dr. Jay Sanders, one of the godfathers of telehealth. I quote him here from my report published this week by the California Health Care Foundation. It’s […]
About Jane & Health Populi
Jane Sarasohn-Kahn is a health economist and management consultant that serves clients at the intersection of health and technology.
Her clients include all stakeholders in health, including providers, payors and plans; companies in biopharma, medical devices, financial services, technology and consumer goods; non-profits and NGOs. Jane's lens on health was best described by Dr. Regina Benjamin, U.S. Surgeon General, who says that health is where we live, work, play and pray.
California Healthcare Foundation White Papers
- Consumers blame insurance and pharma for health costs, but love their primary care doctors October 22, 2012
- Patients want online communication with doctors, and more clinicians are listening July 26, 2011
- Patients want to see the notes their doctors write about them: the power of transparency in health care October 2, 2012
- ePatients: a connected, collaborative, creating community September 30, 2010
- Doctors who write right: Gawande, Topol and Wachter put people at the center of health/care March 30, 2015
- Transparency in health care: not all consumers want to look March 24, 2015
- The Affordable Care Act As New-Business Creator March 19, 2015
- What Mavis Staples taught us about health at SXSW March 17, 2015
- News Round Up – July 20 | Dr Nick van Terheyden: […] This review of Kaiser’s myHealthMa...
- andrew Stoll: Have you ever heard of Smart Choice MRI? They are...
- Honor Spock’s Logic – Follow the Science | Dr Nick van Terheyden: […] my good Friend Jane Sarasohn-Kahn highli...
- The Affordable Care Act As New-Business Creator | Health Populi: […] consumers take on more financial risk in...