Moms represent a $2.1 trillion market, according to the Marketing to Moms Coalition. “Dear Marketers, Recession is the mother of invention,” begins a full-page ad in the November 17, 2008, Advertising Age magazine. The ad promotes Cookie magazine, a monthly targeted to mothers with the tag-line, “Life. Style. Family.” I’ve thought a lot about Moms […]
Employers shifted more out-of-pocket health costs to employees in 2008 while holding benefit cost increases to about 6%, according to Mercer, the benefits consulting firm. The most striking single piece of data that came out of Mercer’s annual National Survey of Employer-Sponsored Health Plans is that the median deductible for employees enrolled in a PPO […]
40% of American hospitals have seen drops in inpatient admissions, according to the American Hospital Association.In the AHA’s survey, Report on the Economic Crisis: Initial Impact on Hospitals, it’s clear that hospitals are already experiencing the effects of the economic downturn. CEOs are considering several cost-cutting tactics in dealing with this financial crisis: 56% of […]
Forget ER, Gray's Anatomy, or even House; the Life and Times of an American Doctor feel more like The Biggest Loser
Nearly 1 in 2 practicing physicians would retire today if they had the financial means to do, according to physicians polled in the annual survey conducted for The Physicians Foundation and Merritt Hawkins & Associates, a physician search and consulting firm. This number holds for physicians both under and over the age of fifty.The survey, […]
While the front pages of U.S. and business newspapers are featuring the story of the health-cost hampered Big (and increasingly smaller) 3 automakers looking for a mega-loan, most employers still want to play a key role in the U.S. health system. It’s the legacy of providing health care benefits to the ever-growing list of retirees […]
About Jane & Health Populi
Jane Sarasohn-Kahn is a health economist and management consultant that serves clients at the intersection of health and technology.
Her clients include all stakeholders in health, including providers, payors and plans; companies in biopharma, medical devices, financial services, technology and consumer goods; non-profits and NGOs. Jane's lens on health was best described by Dr. Regina Benjamin, U.S. Surgeon General, who says that health is where we live, work, play and pray.
California Healthcare Foundation White Papers
- Consumers blame insurance and pharma for health costs, but love their primary care doctors October 22, 2012
- Patients want online communication with doctors, and more clinicians are listening July 26, 2011
- Patients want to see the notes their doctors write about them: the power of transparency in health care October 2, 2012
- ePatients: a connected, collaborative, creating community September 30, 2010
- No relief for consumers’ healthcare costs April 23, 2015
- It’s a retail health world: consumers at the helm of health/care April 21, 2015
- Hillary and George at HIMSS15 April 16, 2015
- Health = love. Care = love. Healthcare? Meh April 15, 2015
- HIMSS15: The Patient Takes Center Stage: […] of Health IT in the Department of Health...
- It’s a retail health world: consumers at the helm of health/care | FBBHUB: […] Populi’s Hot Points: As consumers ...
- Afterthoughts from HIMSS 15 - HIE Answers: […] Jane Sarasohn-Kahn – Health = love...
- It’s a retail health world: consumers at the helm of health/care | Health Populi: […] consumers continue to evolve as homo inf...