The world is flat, but American manufacturers have known that since before Tom Friedman published the book on the subject. Globalization means American companies compete with foreign trade partners. The New America Foundation calculates that U.S. manufacturers pay an average of $2.38 an hour for health benefits, while trade partners pay only $0.96 an hour. […]
There’s a growing cadre of older people online, and they’re an attractive demographic, according to Focalyst, a joint venture of the AARP and Millward Brown, a market research and branding company. The researchers found that “matures” spend 750,000,000 minutes a day on the Internet (sounds like a song from Rent–the AARP version of 525,600 Minutes). […]
There is more evidence that remote health care can improve health outcomes. Say ‘hello’ to the Virtual Integrated Practice (VIP). The term was coined by the Rush-Presbyterian Medical Center, where a team has been refining the VIP model for the past four years. The VIP’s objective is to improve chronic disease management for older people […]
Health plan illiteracy is alive and well, according to J.D. Power and Associates. The consumer market research firm’s 2008 National Health Insurance Plan Study finds that 1 in two plan members don’t understand their plan. In this second year of the survey, J.D. Power notes that, as consumers understand the benefits of their Benefit, their […]
American voters are overwhelmingly paying attention to presidential candidates’ positions on health care, according to a poll published by the Catholic Health Association of the United States (CHA). CHA released the survey as part of the Robert Wood Johnson Foundation‘s Cover The Uninsured Week, in which CHA has participated since the effort’s inception. After the […]
About Jane & Health Populi
Jane Sarasohn-Kahn is a health economist and management consultant that serves clients at the intersection of health and technology.
Her clients include all stakeholders in health, including providers, payors and plans; companies in biopharma, medical devices, financial services, technology and consumer goods; non-profits and NGOs. Jane's lens on health was best described by Dr. Regina Benjamin, U.S. Surgeon General, who says that health is where we live, work, play and pray.
California Healthcare Foundation White Papers
- Consumers blame insurance and pharma for health costs, but love their primary care doctors October 22, 2012
- Patients want online communication with doctors, and more clinicians are listening July 26, 2011
- ePatients: a connected, collaborative, creating community September 30, 2010
- Patients want to see the notes their doctors write about them: the power of transparency in health care October 2, 2012
- Health data data everywhere – let’s human-scale it / Report from #SXSW #SXSH March 10, 2014
- Digital health is hot at South-by-Southwest #SXSH March 7, 2014
- Risk-shift: employers continue to push more risk to employees and families for health costs March 7, 2014
- Employers spending more on wellness in 2014, with growing focus on food March 4, 2014
- HIMSS14 Monday Morning Quarterback – The Key Takeaways | Health Populi: […] economics in the U.S….and opportun...
- Cloud technology to propel growth in healthcare IT market By Dan Bowman | EIX System: […] a recent post to her Health Populi blog,...
- Hillary Clinton wows the HIMSS14 crowd of 20,000+ | Health Populi: […] pleasure of experiencing Bill Clinton...
- Laura Henze Russell: Best thing to do: get healthy, so you don't need ...