Welcome to your dog-eared Merck Manual on steroids. The ubiquity of mobile phones makes them ideal platforms for consumer health. Simple health messaging on a simple cell phone can help consumers comply with therapeutic regimens, like blood glucose monitoring and medication adherence. Imagine what can be done when the simple cell morphs into, say, an […]
Divided We Fail is taking a page out of the propaganda scripts of World War II and Ronald Reagan: they’re going straight to Hollywood.Divided We Fail is a health reform advocacy group that brings together parties who traditionally have broken much bread together, with each stakeholder organization archetype emphasized by me in quotes: the AARP, […]
The ROI of health care information technology isn’t uniformly positive, according to an analysis from the Congressional Budget Office titled, Evidence on the Costs and Benefits of Health Information Technology.The underlying rationale for the report, which was requested by the Senate Budget Committee, is to sort out the federal government’s role in health IT: the […]
Renenber the hair product ad for Clairol Herbal Essence shampoo that ran in the 1980s where one woman tells another, who tells another, who tells another about the merits of the shampoo? Social media behaved in just this way when women share their personal stories about allergies they developed when wearing the same style of bra. Here’s […]
Most employees covered by health insurance favor health plans that provide access to and cover alternative medicine services. Yet only one-half of these employees feel it’s important for a health plan to require employees to eat properly and exercise, and to provide evidence of such healthy behavior. There’s a disconnect in consumers’ minds […]
About Jane & Health Populi
Jane Sarasohn-Kahn is a health economist and management consultant that serves clients at the intersection of health and technology.
Her clients include all stakeholders in health, including providers, payors and plans; companies in biopharma, medical devices, financial services, technology and consumer goods; non-profits and NGOs. Jane's lens on health was best described by Dr. Regina Benjamin, U.S. Surgeon General, who says that health is where we live, work, play and pray.
California Healthcare Foundation White Papers
- Consumers blame insurance and pharma for health costs, but love their primary care doctors October 22, 2012
- Patients want online communication with doctors, and more clinicians are listening July 26, 2011
- ePatients: a connected, collaborative, creating community September 30, 2010
- Patients want to see the notes their doctors write about them: the power of transparency in health care October 2, 2012
- Doctors become health economists April 18, 2014
- Zero kilometers and the future of food April 15, 2014
- Your health score: on beyond FICO April 10, 2014
- Affordable medicine: a preferred future April 7, 2014
- @stales: Wait until a real patient fills that role! It's c...
- Consumers’ Brave New World of Health Insurance in 2014 | American Tax and Financial Center: […] will continue to shift financial risk to...
- Consumers’ Brave New World of Health Insurance in 2014 | American Tax and Financial Center: […] The Aon Hewitt employer health survey ...
- Tracking the Trackers: […] trackable, app-centric health technologi...