Very few people talk about prescription drugs online. Most of these conversations are happening in the offline world of phone calls, cafes, and water coolers. This finding by the Keller Fay Group, a marketing organization that specializes in word-of-mouth (WOM) marketing, first surprised me. So I contacted Ed Keller, CEO of the Group, to talk […]
The price of gas is a headache for every consumer. But the health impacts of high fuel prices go beyond that metaphorical symptom. Consider: medical supplies and home health. But it’s not all bad news: on the positive side, higher fuel prices could positive impact the obesity epidemic and the rate of motor vehicle fatalities. […]
Medical tourism gets a lot of buzz these days, estimated to be a $60 billion industry. Aggressive projections forecast the industry will reach $100 billion in 2012.The U.S. being an employer-based insurance system for health, employers are the primary conduits of health insurance in the U.S. (along with government). As many consider incorporating medical tourism […]
Globally, prescription drug sales grew 6.1% between 2006 and 2007. In the U.S., Rx sales grew 3.8% in the same period. This is the weakest U.S. sales rate for prescription drugs since 1996. These stats come to you from IMSHealth, whose annual U.S. Pharmaceutical Market Performance Review found over a 50% drop in Rx […]
While the economy and the War take the top spots for American voters’ concerns in the 2008 election season, there’s a topic that touches every citizen that is getting short-shrift: science, and its relationships to health. 85% of Americans want a Presidential debate on the role of science in meeting the nation’s major challenges, according […]
About Jane & Health Populi
Jane Sarasohn-Kahn is a health economist and management consultant that serves clients at the intersection of health and technology.
Her clients include all stakeholders in health, including providers, payors and plans; companies in biopharma, medical devices, financial services, technology and consumer goods; non-profits and NGOs. Jane's lens on health was best described by Dr. Regina Benjamin, U.S. Surgeon General, who says that health is where we live, work, play and pray.
California Healthcare Foundation White Papers
- Consumers blame insurance and pharma for health costs, but love their primary care doctors October 22, 2012
- Patients want online communication with doctors, and more clinicians are listening July 26, 2011
- ePatients: a connected, collaborative, creating community September 30, 2010
- Patients want to see the notes their doctors write about them: the power of transparency in health care October 2, 2012
- Consumer healthcare spending is up, and “fun spending” is down July 18, 2014
- Who’s Looking at You? consumer-generated data, Big Data, & health July 16, 2014
- Big Data Come to Health Care…With Big Challenges – Health Affairs July 2014 July 9, 2014
- Stress Is US July 8, 2014
- CLIMATE CHANGE IS NOT THE ONLY “INCONVENIENT TRUTH” « Holsinger for House: […] or the health care industry itself, an &...
- Healthstyles: news on health & technology | HealthCetera - CHMP's Blog: […] Google and Novartis joint venture creati...
- Activation Before Engagement | Eye Care Advice: […] (PAM). Hibbard and her coauthors actuall...
- Die Linktipps der Woche: Big Data, fehlende Ärzte und Crowdfunding für Fachkräfte | Zukunft Gesundheitswesen: […] Big Data – Große Herausforderung Wie ...