Incentives for wellness in the workplace are gaining favor among employers, according to a survey jointly conducted by the ERISA Council (ERIC) and the National Association of Manufacturers. Only 30% of employers offering wellness programs are measuring the results of these activities. Of those who measure, 83% of employers have seen positive or break-even ROIs […]
The key to longevity isn’t about taking vitamins or consuming health care or yogurt…it’s staying connected to family, friends, and world events. That news comes to us from the third Evercare 100 @ 100 Survey which details ultra-seniors’ views on politics and the good life. Evercare surveyed in-depth 100 centenarians. Collectively, their views challenge […]
It will be no surprise to Health Populi readers that the U.S. has a pretty poor record in managing chronic care. How bad those results are depends on whether you’re insured. All of this may seem rather intuitive, but the latest research published in the Annals of Internal Medicine is important. In A National Study […]
Resveratrol has been found to add life to years, if not years to life, according to a new study published in Cell Metabolism earlier this month. For the benefit of my Health Populi readers, I just had to investigate this story first-hand, and first-taste, at the winery where bottles of Pinot Noir have been found […]
Health providers want to provide quality care and improve patient satisfaction. Really, they do. It’s just that pesky problem of declining reimbursements getting in the way of meeting those two key business objectives.This dilemma comes to you courtesy of a survey conducted by IVANS, Inc., the company that helps providers process health transactions. IVANS found […]
About Jane & Health Populi
Jane Sarasohn-Kahn is a health economist and management consultant that serves clients at the intersection of health and technology.
Her clients include all stakeholders in health, including providers, payors and plans; companies in biopharma, medical devices, financial services, technology and consumer goods; non-profits and NGOs. Jane's lens on health was best described by Dr. Regina Benjamin, U.S. Surgeon General, who says that health is where we live, work, play and pray.
California Healthcare Foundation White Papers
- Consumers blame insurance and pharma for health costs, but love their primary care doctors October 22, 2012
- Patients want online communication with doctors, and more clinicians are listening July 26, 2011
- ePatients: a connected, collaborative, creating community September 30, 2010
- Patients want to see the notes their doctors write about them: the power of transparency in health care October 2, 2012
- NephCure – a rare disease community that’s patient-powered August 27, 2014
- Understanding the patient journey – using real-world data August 25, 2014
- Health economics in the exam room: doctors and patients discussing the costs of health care August 22, 2014
- Inflection point for telehealth in 2014 August 19, 2014
- Thought Leader Fridays: Aug 22nd | MedNexus: […] One of the things we take for granted: O...
- Understanding the patient journey – using real-world data | Health Populi: […] about “patient affordability”...
- Understanding the patient journey | Health Populi: […] and providers. The relationship between ...
- Schiffon: Hi Jane, have you seen this provocative, ironic, a...